Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Use of Expansions
03-10-2011, 04:14 AM
RE: Use of Expansions
I'm fairly new to the game, but have had GH since the beginning. I now have SotF as well. I'll probably get HP1 and maybe some online suppliments. We use Advanced (our group never goes basic in games), we always use Grave Weapons and Survival Decks, and unless the scenario already has Zombie Pool(21) we always use Grave Dead, and Exploration tokens.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I use only the scenario requirements, but in some cases, use the Grave Weapons/Survival Decks. I give action to the 16 heroes and all the cards form the expansions.

I think that the Always Zombie Heroes/Hero Replenish it's a necessary rule in all scenarios. It's balanced and the fun continues all the time.
03-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I have only been playing with the stock rules for the scenarios. We have played through all the scenarios included in the LNOE, GH, SotF, and HP1. Next up is to work through the web exclusive stuff. Once we get through all those, we will go back and play the early scenarios with some additional rules.
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
use GH and HP1 100%. SoTF every now and then. I'll use it when the players/friends play the game a couple times to get a feel for it before introducing the more complicated rules with grave weapons and other decks.
05-04-2011, 03:25 PM
We have gotten close to drawing all the hero cards but it has never actually happened so I am not to worried about losing that aspect of the game but I think most have agreed that GH and HP1 are a decent way to go.
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
(03-10-2011 03:26 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  So now I just use all the hero cards knowing the 'Zombie win on taking the last hero card condition' is never going to happen. What do you guys do?

But on the other side of the coin, for every card the Heroes add to the deck via expansions, it now becomes that much harder to draw scenario search items and whatnot. E.g., there are only so many instances of the Keys card, so if you need the keys to start the truck, it's that much harder to find them if you have stuffed another 30 cards into the deck.

Growing Hunger was good about adding a few more instances of common cards (e.g. Revolver) so that the deck didn't get watered down.
06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
(03-10-2011 03:26 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  So now I just use all the hero cards knowing the 'Zombie win on taking the last hero card condition' is never going to happen. What do you guys do?

My group hasn't had a chance to run out of cards yet, but what if whoever is acting as rule arbiter simply kept a scratchpad count of the hero cards being drawn and declared a win if a "zombie win on last hero card draw" card forced the hero to draw card number 60+? It would create a bit more work for the arbiter, but it would allow those cards to be useful again.
12-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Expansion of I, SoTF, so sometimes we add a point system as an excuse by the rules, use them. I will say, I almost avoid serious weapons, unless special circumstances require them. I decided to follow them too annoying. Whenever you get in combat, you have to figure out the various effects of variable dice roll, and so on. I like the roadblocks, but I have a feeling that in some cases, they are annoying.
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
I almost only get to play on occasion with my girlfriend, so as I've been slowly adding expansions (she bought be GH for the holidays!!!) and HP1 I just picked up and we tend to play with our other games all in (by that I mean that with whatever expansions we have, we play.)