Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using ifos in lnoe
07-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Using ifos in lnoe
Is it easy to incorporate the ifos pieces (I.E. characters, hero cards,and tiles) into lnoe?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Using ifos in lnoe
Unfortunately, I don't yet own Invasion from Outer Space. I will definitely get it at some point, but just have not gotten around to it. So I can't say for sure.

However, it was designed with basically all the same game mechanics specifically with the intention for it to be its own game and also be able to be combined with Last Night On Earth. So, I would have to imagine it is very easy to interchange the two.

There are definitely members here who have combined the two, so hopefully some of them can tell you for sure.
07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
The easiest things to incorporate are mixing in the heroes, or swapping out the zombies for the martians. Incorporating the boards can work, too, but you will need to figure out how you'll handle the Hero Decks if you want to use the Pick Up: features. If you want to do more than that, it's still pretty easy, but it can take a small amount of jiggery-pokery. They're separate games; they just use an identical engine under the hood.
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
(07-20-2014 06:41 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  If you want to do more than that, it's still pretty easy, but it can take a small amount of jiggery-pokery.

Just felt the need to say that I love that phrase and feel I absolutely MUST find a way to enter it in my day to day vocabulary. "Jiggery-pokery." LOL! That is too cool!
07-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Heh. Well, you'll probably find it easier to work IFOS into LNOE than it will be to work "jiggery-pokery" into day-to-day conversation.

Incidentally, jiggery-pokery means suspicious activity/skullduggery. I was commenting on bending the rules a bit to make them work together, but it does kind of sound like you're fiddling a bit to make it work, too.

[Image: More+you+Know.jpg]