Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Variant for co-op
11-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Variant for co-op
I had a simple idea to try and force players to the center board which usually gets neglected during a co-op session. What of you could not win the game without defeating the center location? I was thinking that players perhaps should be limited to how many points they can score from their home board or they needed a certain ammount before attempting to defeat the center. Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Variant for co-op
Personally, I've never had the issue come up; usually, the capital city's such a great lure, we usually work towards it anyway.

You could certainly give it a shot: require both the normal Terror Points goal AND require the center square of the center board to be conquered. And with the six player layout, you could require both center squares to be conquered.
11-10-2013, 04:25 AM
We only usually play with two players and never need to touch the center board except maybe an extra location.
11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
As I said in the other thread, I'd try it out. I'd make it so the total points-to-win doesn't change though (counting the center).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
We are going to try it with the normal points first but for a more difficult challenge may make them the base points needed but players need to conquer the center as well.