Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Mission" variant
08-25-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 09:44 PM by steeveleo.)
"Mission" variant
I made a variant in which players can accomplish side tasks in exchange for victory points. The variant works just as well with the co-op and standard game.

Co-op SETUP: place three MISSION cards face up. Whenever someone completes an order, they get the Terror points noted on the card. Then, remove the completed MISSION and put a new one into play. If ever you wish to trash an MISSION card, you may do so, and pay 3 ACTION POINTS to put a new MISSION card into play.

Standard SETUP: Each player starts with 2 MISSION cards. They keep them hidden. If ever you wish to trash one of your MISSION cards, you may do so; pay 3 ACTION POINTS to take a new MISSION card. Hand limit is 2 Order cards.

I attached an example of a Mission card...

If anybody is interested, I'll post more.

(08-25-2013 09:43 PM)steeveleo Wrote:  I made a variant in which players can accomplish side tasks in exchange for victory points. The variant works just as well with the co-op and standard game.

Co-op SETUP: place three MISSION cards face up. Whenever someone completes an order, they get the Terror points noted on the card. Then, remove the completed MISSION and put a new one into play. If ever you wish to trash an MISSION card, you may do so, and pay 3 ACTION POINTS to put a new MISSION card into play.

Standard SETUP: Each player starts with 2 MISSION cards. They keep them hidden. If ever you wish to trash one of your MISSION cards, you may do so; pay 3 ACTION POINTS to take a new MISSION card. Hand limit is 2 Order cards.

I attached an example of a Mission card...

If anybody is interested, I'll post more.

NOTE: The upper portion is for the standard game, the bottom is for co-op.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 10:44 AM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: "Mission" variant
Interesting..nice to see something posted up for CoPE,we don't get that much material posted for it.
Welcome to TZG.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-04-2013, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 10:44 AM by Old Dwarf.)
(08-29-2013 01:13 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Interesting..nice to see something posted up for CoPE,we don't get that much material posted for it.
Welcome to TZG.

OD

Thanks!
I was wondering if we could trade downloads so to speak. I have the above variant (some 20 Mission cards) as well as some new Objective Locations and another variant that makes use of those triangular "radioactive" Counters. ...anyway. If you're okay with it, I'd like to upload those in exchange for some ATOE templates. Would that be okay with Your Greatness? Zombie03
09-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Alas I am only a toe of the terrible Sarku (he who controls access
to the downloads) and as such cannot handle your request.

To get to the download section you must have Full Membership,
which only Sarku grants. To obtain Full Membership you need
to contribute to our discussions with your post & then request it
on The Morgue Form (check it out to see how the process works).

You can also obtain Full Membership by a brib....er $ donation
to the Site.

You have some cool stuff so I hope you stay with us & pursue
Full Membership.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Dd you ever finalize this idea?