Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vassal game 1
06-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Vassal game 1
Players:
aprillo (Heroes)
brunoreturns (Zombies)

Scenario:
Burn 'em Out

Point System:
Heroes Replenish / Always Zombie Heroes

Heroes (random draw):
Sheriff Anderson
Johnny
Jenny
Jake Cartwright

Sheriff and Jake start in the center of town. Jake discsards Just What I Needed and takes a chainsaw instead. Sheriff gets a pitchfork. Nice start for heroes.

Zombies start with eight and will not spawn for the entire game!!

In the first turn zombies overrun the town, discarding another Just What I Needed, Gasoline, and Dynamite. Nice start for zombies.

Using two other cards, zombies are able to set up two fights, but fail to wound.

Sheriff and Jake make their way to the Hangar, while Johnny tries to team up with Jenny in the Farmhouse, who draws a Shotgun.

Zombies manage to get a wound past the Sheriff's defenses, setting the stage.

Next, the Sheriff finds another Revolver, that he gives to Jake right before his own runs out of ammo. He still managed to kill the zombie in the fight though.

Resourceful Jake finds Just What I Needed again, which he uses to get the gasoline.

Zombies take over the general store and convince the heroes to leave behind the dynamite in the discard pile. Silly heroes...

Meanwhile, Jenny and Johnny decide to provide an exhibitionist show for the two zombies in their space. Sheriff finds another stick of dynamite. You might think Jake and Sheriff would run to spawning pits, but it is not to be.

Sheriff gets wounded again and starts to feel strange. Jake and Sheriff fall to bickering about the cause of the strangeness but still manage to fend off a pair of zombies.

Jake quickly makes a break for the hospital, but Sheriff stays behind to search. It turns out to be his final action as a relentless mob of zombies swarms the Hangar, and turn him.

Father Joseph joins the fight, in the Hangar of all places... He quickly goes to join Jake.

Johnny and Jenny make a break for the Gun Shop, but Johnny carelessly leaves the door locked behind him, leaving Jenny to the mercies of a swarm of Zombies. Have you ever met a merciful zombie? Two heroes down, Billy joins the team.

Zombies have still not spawned once, but get two there's too many, then take over the high school to put the entire pool on the map.

Having destroyed 1 pit, resourceful Jake finds some more gasoline, and flees before the coming zombies. Father's Heroic Resolve holds off the zombies for Jake to run, at the cost of a wound.

Billy and Johnny get into a fight with Billy 's dad and a couple of his friends, each taking a wound. Johnny runs first and Billy finds that he can't kill his old man. Three heroes down, Sally joins the team. In the Gun Shop?!? Really?!?

She doesn't have a chance as Jake locked the door out of the hospital and the father is stuck. He takes out a couple of zombies but succumbs to the horde.

Game Over!

The module worked really well, only one bug that we found plus a small list of improvements needed before we can add expansions.

Anyone who wants to get into the next game let me know.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply