Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 3 of ATOE tactical play: Hunting the Night is up
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Version 3 of ATOE tactical play: Hunting the Night is up
Yep. Version 3. It has stremalined and imrpoved game systems, new rules for using Allies as Guides, new rules for creting your own Tactics to envision your own brand of Vampires, Werewolves, Bog Monsters, etc., a new Banshee set of tactics and ...new tactics for the Shadow Witch!

Yep NEW NEW NEW.

All, again, requiring no additional counters or cards.

So: stop running around Shadowbrook scooping up whatever you find for the final battle - instead: go looking for precise ways to hurt and frustrate the Villain well before the Showdown. Too many coffins to let Vampires escape your fights - hunt them down and destroy them! Werewolf running amok? Get Franklin the Hound and the town guard to hunt the beast through the darkened woods. Race the Headless Horseman to the Covered Bridge! Speak the ancient rites and sink the Island of the Unspeakable Horror! Sing carols and launch snowballs to disrupt the Nutcracker! Invent diving equipment to hunt the Bog Fiend! And notice the odd similarities between the ways to fight the Necromancer and Scenario Cards from Last Night On Earth! Zombie01

Hunt the Night!

Just go here:
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/mydo..._cat&cid=3

And if you can't get there - ask Sarku about how to do so!

01-18-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: Version 3 of ATOE tactical play: Hunting the Night is up
Great Stuff-I screwed up the Rating I ment to give it the highest & I hit the lowest!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Old Dwarf your killin' me, man! You did that on version 2! :-) OK - noone hand OD a loaded shotgun, 'cause he might....KABOOM...OW...damnit, OD! It's loaded! so don;t ...KABOOM...OWWWW....OK: is that a double-barrel or a ...KABOOM....damn: clip fed....

Glad you like!

01-19-2012, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2012 12:02 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Really Sorry but the system won't let me change it,I keep thinking its like a BGG Thumbs UP .I didn't even realize I
did in on V2.I guess I need to turn myself in to the NRA.

OD

PS..perhaps I can buy your silence..check your GEEK GOLD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
ooooooooo...Gold......from an Old Dwarf, yet......Old Dwarven Gold......Silence bought. What rating systems; there's a rating system?

01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I really like the idea of these, and the execution sounds really good. We just started a couple of noobs on ATOE, so after they get a little hungry for something new, I'ma lay this on them and see how it goes. I can;t wait, and will try to let you know how it goes. These really do look awesome. Thanks Prof!
01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
PLEASE do so! I can't improve it without other veiwpoints!

10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
(Sorry for my post in the old thread. Didn't realize this new thread existed. Anyway, here is my post again to keep the latest thread current. Thanks for this cool concept!)

We've played this a couple of times and think it is awesome! If you'll forgive us though we did make one minor modification. It seemed anit-climactic once you accomplished the "collect the cards and get to the location" phase - and reasoning that to lure or trap the villain to take away one of its abilities it should actually be present - we implemented the rule that you must fight a single round with the villain and inflict at least one wound in order to trigger the effect. On a fail that hero may not attempt it again but may leave the items there for another hero to attempt on their turn. If successful the injury (eliminated abiliity) is inflicted as well as the wounds and the hero gains 3 investigation for each wound delivered on the villain.

Great job with this! It really gives the heroes some direction.
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks! I don't know if and when I'll set them up for the Coast. I probably will do something, but the Coast Villains all seem to have the heroes running around doing things already! (gather gold, fight hauntings, etc.)...

However, at the least, i'll add The Coast locations and cards into the current tactics...

10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Yes, I was looking at trying to do something against the Ghost Ship with the "Buried Treasure" card (I believe that's what it's called) - and a Map perhaps - or some other item. You make a test to see if the gold is cursed. That could be like you found the Ghost Captain's treasure map and then stole his gold, or something. I haven't worked out what the results would be yet. Something against the cursed gold requirement would be fitting.