Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vicious "Hero Card" Cycle
12-08-2016, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 06:14 AM by the_munt.)
Vicious "Hero Card" Cycle
This has occurred on 2 occasions now, just wondering if anyone else had experienced it and whether or not you would remove it as it's quite the advantage...

A ridiculous cycle of drawing awesome hero cards occurs when the following 2 cards are bought into play:

HOPEFUL DISCOVERY
Play Immediately
Look at the top 5 cards of the Hero Deck. Choose 1 to take, 1 to discard, and put the rest back on top of the deck in any order.
or
Take any Scenario Search Item from the discard pile or the Hero Deck (shuffle the Hero Deck).

and

JUST WHAT I NEEDED
Play Immediately
Take any card from the Hero Cards discard pile. If there are no cards in the discard pile, you may draw a new Hero Card.
or
Take any Scenario Search Item from the draw deck, then shuffle the deck.

So essentially you play HOPEFUL DISCOVERY and choose a nice pick from the top 5 cards, throw away 1 trash card and place 3 neatly on top your choice of order for the heroes to pick up. Then discard.

You then play JUST WHAT I NEEDED to get your HOPEFUL DISCOVERY back, and discard JUST WHAT I NEEDED and play HOPEFUL DISCOVERY immediately. Another pick from 5, discard 1 and put back in any order leads to you discarding HOPEFUL DISCOVERY again. I have found another JUST WHAT I NEEDED doing this which starts the cycle again... lol, so in one game I got to choose the best 4 of 20 cards for my heroes with this cycle..

And just googling this card on FFP Card Wiki has answered my question....

Errata

Just What I Needed (Hero Card)
The first half of the card should read, “Take any non-‘Play Immediately’ card from the Hero Cards discard pile. If there are none, you may draw a new Hero Card.”

Case closed... Still I took a while to type it so I'm sharing it. Watchmen02

WOAH... LOVE THE EDIT ZOMBIE Watchmen02

Live life like "This could be your last night on Earth"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply