Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHY??????
01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: WHY??????
You also have to remember that it's "Bad Mojo" for a game maker (or generally any other producer) to sell their product for less than MSRP. It creates a lot of ill will with retailers, who often go on and stop stocking their products, etc. Oftentimes their distribution contracts even state that they can't drop prices. Tossing in promos are, usually, the only ways they can convince people to order directly through them (other than "know all that money goes to the maker" if you really like them).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't have an issue with paying the full MSRP at times to support a good company what is nuts is the insane cost of the shipping and the price gouging that ticks me off.
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Actually, if you purchse the core products through a cheaper site, then order the online exclusives through FFG, you still come out cheaper. All but the boards will ship 1st class and doesn't cost much at all. That's how I built my son's collection.
01-27-2011, 01:16 AM
(01-26-2011 02:57 PM)mqstout Wrote:  You also have to remember that it's "Bad Mojo" for a game maker (or generally any other producer) to sell their product for less than MSRP. It creates a lot of ill will with retailers, who often go on and stop stocking their products, etc. Oftentimes their distribution contracts even state that they can't drop prices. Tossing in promos are, usually, the only ways they can convince people to order directly through them (other than "know all that money goes to the maker" if you really like them).

I have to restate the problem is not the cost of the products themselves but an unreasonable shipping system/web site problem. There is no reason for it.

Fix the web site. Fix the shipping mechanism. I don't mind paying the real cost, if that's what it is.

Again the product is good and internet exclusive material is desirable to an extent.
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 09:46 AM by Emp.)
Us europeans don't even have the option of shopping cheaper someplace else.
Most shops don't ship to Europe or charge double for shipping...so free shipping...never had that before.
Only on amazon sometimes...but then the stuff I want (like the expansion sets)...well you can't get them for free shipping because they come from another company...
Sigh...so the only option was to get it more expensive than retail...
Luckely for me the $ was worthless so I got a reasonable "discount" when it was recalculated to € Watchmen02

I'm sure FFP will adress these "problems" you have.
I think over the last year FFP has grown immensly en maybe some things got overlooked.

And on a positive note:
I recently ordered my Advanced Ability Cards and received them without a rulesheet in them.
Contacted Mary Beth here on the board and I got the sheet sent to me free of charge and fast as hell! So thanks FFP!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user