Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! I WILL PAINT MINIATURES FOR FREE AND GIVE THEM AWAY!!! (sorry competition now closed)
08-03-2012, 11:40 PM
RE: I WILL PAINT LNOE ZOMBIES FOR FREE!!!
(08-03-2012 11:35 PM)mqstout Wrote:  To inform all of you, we (the supermods) talked a bit about what contest to have, and we'd decided on the photo one because of its low barrier to entry/ease for anyone to participate, as well as, hey, if you're here, you're probably already going to be playing FFP's games anyway, so just snap a picture while you are. And if not, well, it'll urge you to play another time.

Sounds like you are saying I should of won that contest even though 5 people didn't enter...if I could of entered 5 times or made people enter I would have lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 06:00 AM
(08-03-2012 11:18 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  First, great to hear that you want to contribute your painting skill to a contest. I have seen numerous models painted by you and can see that you know what you are doing. From my experience the zombies were a breeze to get through, while the heroes took hand numbing hours to paint. (take this mind, participants!) So I think a batch of zombies would do just great. I mean its FREE painted zombies!
Secondly, a zombie trivia contest seems to be the thing to avoid since we all know a tad more about zombies than the typical internet user. Maybe a create your zombie survival story. The thing is to have people write how they survived the zombie apocalypse so far and what they have encountered. It generates creativity and imagination! The person with the best story wins.

I would love to see something like this still, or at least more creative writing and story telling on the boards for zombie survialists. Would be an interested way for people to share there contingency plans too...

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
08-04-2012, 02:33 PM
(08-03-2012 07:56 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Ok so the last competition was a tad slow. Maybe you'd like some plastic LNoE Zombies painted up to the best of the Samurai's abilities. I will paint some up and post them to you anywhere in the world. Details to follow tomorrow...

Who wants more Zombies? Any interest?

I don't have any input right now on what type of contest to have but I can tell you that the idea of having a chance to win genuine Samurai-painted zombies or heroes made me stand up and take notice!! That is terrific of you to volunteer your time to the board like that.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 11:38 PM by samuraitrev.)
Ok so I'm still in talks with the other mods regarding this competition. I'm going to let this competition run a bit longer when it begins on Monday to give people a chance who don't visit very often.

I would also like to welcome any lurkers who'd like to join in and have a go.

There's 4 judges for this competition confirmed so far...

I would still like to hear from you with regards to figure choices and competition ideas.

If you haven't seen any of my painting before here's the kind of standard I paint. The winning figures will be painted to this standard.

Group shot of LNoE females and other figures    

Here's some Zombie styles I paint. Sorry I don't have any LNoE Zombies painted up. Greys and greens.

Hope these whet your appetite. Like I say the winner will get 7 Free painted LNoE Zombies. Posted for free too!

Or If the winner choses they can send me 3 Heroes and I will paint them.

Watch this space... The competition to end all competitions begins Monday! If I don't get any feedback from this I'm hanging up my brush!Zombie17
08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Those miniatures look amazing! I agree with others that a writing competition would be great.
08-05-2012, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 09:43 PM by alderdust.)
I am interested would you paint the grave weapons zombies from previous competition?
08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Just for the record, I am watching this thread closely, and very interested to find out what the contest will be. I would love to enter, if I can. Also, since all my heroes are already painted up, and i love SamuraiTrev's zombie style, I am voting for a set of zombies as the prize. Logistically, this sounds simpler too. Zombie13

Thanks SamuraiTrev!
08-05-2012, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 11:33 PM by samuraitrev.)
(08-05-2012 05:02 AM)alderdust Wrote:  I am interested would you paint the grave weapons zombies from previous competition?

Good question and yes I would. I will paint 7 Grave Weapon Zombies if that's what the winner wants. Thanks everyone for showing an interest!
08-06-2012, 09:28 AM
(08-05-2012 05:02 AM)alderdust Wrote:  I am interested would you paint the grave weapons zombies from previous competition?

Count me in Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 07:07 PM by samuraitrev.)
Welcome to this competition. First I will tell you what's up for grabs. The winner of this competition will get to choose any 1 option.

Winner Options

1) 7 Painted Zombies from LNoE
2) 7 Painted Grave Weapon Zombies from LNoE (your choice)
3) 3 Painted Heroes from LNoE. (your choice)
4) 3 Painted characters from any other FFP game. (your choice)
5) 21 Unpainted LNoE Zombies!
6) The boxed full set of 14 Unpainted Grave Weapon Zombies (miniatures only)
7) Choose 1 metal model from here http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/catalog.php I will buy it you (up to £5.00), paint it and post it.

How to take part in the competition

Here's what you need to do. We want to see what budding authors we have out there. It's completely up to you what you write. You can make it shocking, thought provoking or humorous etc. Character, setting, plot etc. it's all up to you. You can just write an opening sentence such as 'Her eyes were like emeralds, until one fell out.' (example by OD) or you can write an opening chapter (no more than 500 words.) Maybe even a small contained short story of 500 or less words. I did creative writing at Open University when I got my English degree so here's a little advice. Before you submit your entry do a rough draft on paper and get people to read it. Get some feedback, that way you can take out, or improve areas that people found unclear. If any other members like a piece of work, say so, or ask questions, maybe even give a +1 rep to a story that impressed you. Use your imagination and enjoy! When you've finished your masterpiece post it on this thread.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

COMPETITION RULES

1) The competition will be void if we don't get more than 5 entries.
2) Only one story per member will be considered.
3) The competition will be judged by Sarku and the Mod team.
4) The competition ends Halloween, midnight GMT, Wednesday the 31st of October 2012.
5) The winner will be announced on this thread.
6) I will cover the postage and packing charges of the figures sent from me. (you will have to pay postage if you post me 3 models to paint on options 3 and 4)
7) I or TZG will not be held responsible if your figures are lost in the post. (It's very rare but I have to put that in there.)
8) Entries will not be considered if they exceed 550 words.
9) I shouldn't have to mention this but any attempt of Plagiarism will get you disqualified at the very least...