Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Walking Dead Season 2 Box Set.
08-29-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 09:26 PM by StayPuft.)
Walking Dead Season 2 Box Set.
So, I don't know what took me so long, but a month or so ago, I finally got around to watching the first season of "The Walking Dead." I don't know how the heck I missed it when it first came on, but it was made available on the Instant Netflix. I watched one episode a week and just finished it yesterday. (Sadly, Season 1 only had 6 episodes).

I LOVED it! So, I figured I should see if Season 2 is available on Bluray/DVD so I can watch that and start having my DVR record Season 3 when it starts, so I can catch up. So, I go looking and, long story short (too late, I know, LOL) I found this:

[Image: 11.jpg?w=450]

HOLY CRAP! Believe it or not, this is apparently actually a special edition box set for Season 2 (I believe in the Bluray format).

[Image: the-walking-dead-McFarlane-limited-editi...22x600.jpg]

That is AWESOME! I normally don't bother with special edition box sets because if I just want the movie/TV show season, I don't feel the need to pay extra for all those extras. But, I may be tempted to get this anyway, since it would make a pretty awesome Halloween decoration as well.

Ah.... who am I kidding? I wouldn't just leave it out for Halloween. It would be displayed all year. LOL! Did anybody pick this one up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: Walking Dead Season 2 Box Set.
HA! That's pretty awesome!
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I was just made aware of this a couple of days ago myself. I love the Pez machine effect. The screwdriver is what takes it from consumer packaging to art.
08-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Where can you buy this beauty?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
(08-29-2012 11:57 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I was just made aware of this a couple of days ago myself. I love the Pez machine effect. The screwdriver is what takes it from consumer packaging to art.

Indeed! I love the screwdriver. Definitely a nice touch.

Scarydk,

For the record, I was able to find it on both Amazon.com and BestBuy.com, so you could get it either of those places, and I'm sure probably many others.

Just found out that my gaming buddy who seems just about as obsessed with zombies and Last Night On Earth as I am already has this. He said the same thing I did, that he normally wouldn't spend extra for box sets, but couldn't resist this one. Coming from somebody who owns it, he said it was worth it. ;-) Not that I needed the encouragement. LOL!
09-06-2012, 07:05 AM
That is outstanding! Like you, I usually just buy basic DVD sets because I really want the movie/shows not all the extra fluff.

In this case I may have to make the extra investment because I would love to have that zombie head on my bookshelf. haha Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I got the blu ray special edition on release day it's a good quality head and it's bigger than you would think it was.
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 02:38 PM by scarydk.)
Read it was half size of the real thing and only for Blu Ray. If I ever needed a good reason to upgrade my old DVD player, this would be it.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
(09-06-2012 02:37 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Read it was half size of the real thing and only for Blu Ray. If I ever needed a good reason to upgrade my old DVD player, this would be it.

Do you happen to have a PS3? PS3's play Blu Ray disks.

You can certainly make do without Blu Ray for the time being. If they are going to permanently replace DVD's as some people seem to think, it certainly doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. But, it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to pick one up, especially if you can find one cheap. After all, you can actually DVD's in them too, so you wouldn't HAVE TO replace your DVD's you already have. Plus, a lot of Blu Ray players can go online as well, so if you have Netflix, you can use it to watch the Instant Netflix stuff.
09-10-2012, 07:52 AM
That is the "guy" they dispose of in the first episode in Dale's camper Watchmen02

I bought the normal bluray version overhere. As this one has no dutch subs (I just don't understand Shane's jibberish...) and is just a pain in the ass to get shipped overhere anyways.

On another hand...The Walking Dead TV series... I buy them (because if you have one...you need them all...) but I just can't seem to shake the idea of "hmmpfff...this is not like in the books..."
It's entertaining though but...well...the books are so much better. I just watch it because the zombies are so beautiffully made really.

I am the reason God stopped watching.