Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Walking Dead inspired custom scenario: Recover the Bag of Guns
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 10:43 PM by abomination.)
RE: Walking Dead inspired custom scenario: Recover the Bag of Guns
We played the scenario last night and the one main question I had was if there was a scenario search item, but it looks like you have cleared that up already.
another thing that I noticed that didn't become an issue in this game was with the lurkers becoming walkers on the number rolled for a hit with a gun. I would suggest changing it to the range of the weapon.
We did play with the timber peak expansion, so we had A few choices for the road out of town. we chose the tile from timber peak with the tavern and the bowling alley as our road tile. The other three tiles where picked at random. They where the supermarket, and both hospital tiles. On a side note I will say the new hospital tile with the hardware store and police station on it is easily one of the best tiles to draw for the humans.
The heroes I started with where Alice, Becky, Kenny, and Nikki who starts with the signal flare.
The six cards I drew where the police shotgun, crate of dynamite,back you devils, the lighter, the flashlight, and the sledgehammer . between the cards and the tiles we drew the heroes had a huge advantage in this game which made it hard to make a call as to how difficult it was. Kenny camped in the tavern ( the taverns pickup is to add a marker to any item that uses markers). Kenny had the crate of explosives and the lighter so he had infinite dynamite the whole game. Between that and Alice with the police shotgun taking out eight of the lurkers in one turn this game was very quick and very lopsided. It was still a fun scenario even though It was so lopsided this time around. I plan on trying it out again on Friday with a few of my friends hopefully I will be able to give you a little better feedback since I'm guessing the next game wont be so gravy for the heroes.
One thing this game made me realize is that the timber falls cards and tiles seem to heavily favor the heroes.

Eating brains and taking names.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM
(02-27-2013 09:08 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Gun shots + zombie hordes = me in the corner with wet pants...

Guess this sums up what Shane felt in Season 2 when he went for the medical supplies for Carl with Otis...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Would also like to say this is a well thought out and very easy to understand scenario.

02-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Awesome work. Really like the new created templates and the idea behind the scenario.
Looking forward to new projects.
03-01-2013, 12:07 AM
(02-27-2013 10:41 PM)abomination Wrote:  The six cards I drew where the police shotgun, crate of dynamite,back you devils, the lighter, the flashlight, and the sledgehammer . between the cards and the tiles we drew the heroes had a huge advantage in this game which made it hard to make a call as to how difficult it was. Kenny camped in the tavern ( the taverns pickup is to add a marker to any item that uses markers). Kenny had the crate of explosives and the lighter so he had infinite dynamite the whole game. Between that and Alice with the police shotgun taking out eight of the lurkers in one turn this game was very quick and very lopsided. It was still a fun scenario even though It was so lopsided this time around. I plan on trying it out again on Friday with a few of my friends hopefully I will be able to give you a little better feedback since I'm guessing the next game wont be so gravy for the heroes.

You started with 6 hero characters in play? I thought you only did 4 at the start the had a pool of 2 waiting for activation. Also I understood that the hero characters start with they're basic starting cards only, new heros entering after a hero died got the benefit of a bonus card.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
(02-27-2013 10:41 PM)abomination Wrote:  another thing that I noticed that didn't become an issue in this game was with the lurkers becoming walkers on the number rolled for a hit with a gun. I would suggest changing it to the range of the weapon.

I chose to add this as an "unease" factor to the scenario. If you think the game plays more smoothly with the range, I’ll try playtesting with that.

(02-27-2013 10:41 PM)abomination Wrote:  One thing this game made me realize is that the timber falls cards and tiles seem to heavily favor the heroes.

A TP variant of this scenario will need to take this into account. Since I don’t own that expansion I have no means to test that myself, so I’ll be sticking with the good old rules. But thanks for mentioning!

(03-01-2013 12:07 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  
(02-27-2013 10:41 PM)abomination Wrote:  The six cards I drew where the police shotgun, crate of dynamite,back you devils, the lighter, the flashlight, and the sledgehammer . between the cards and the tiles we drew the heroes had a huge advantage in this game which made it hard to make a call as to how difficult it was. Kenny camped in the tavern ( the taverns pickup is to add a marker to any item that uses markers). Kenny had the crate of explosives and the lighter so he had infinite dynamite the whole game. Between that and Alice with the police shotgun taking out eight of the lurkers in one turn this game was very quick and very lopsided. It was still a fun scenario even though It was so lopsided this time around. I plan on trying it out again on Friday with a few of my friends hopefully I will be able to give you a little better feedback since I'm guessing the next game wont be so gravy for the heroes.

You started with 6 hero characters in play? I thought you only did 4 at the start the had a pool of 2 waiting for activation. Also I understood that the hero characters start with they're basic starting cards only, new heros entering after a hero died got the benefit of a bonus card.

Just to clarify, the scenario uses the Dot rule ”Hero Card Pool (6)” allowing the 4 players to draw 6 cards and divide these cards between them as they see fit. I noticed abdomination mentioned starting with Alice, Becky, Kenny, and Nikki, so he did just play with the standard 4 characters.

(02-27-2013 10:53 PM)abomination Wrote:  Would also like to say this is a well thought out and very easy to understand scenario.

Thanks, abomination. Now that you’ve actually playtested and supplied valuable feedback, I take your word for it! Thanks, man!

(02-28-2013 07:02 PM)zelectah Wrote:  Awesome work. Really like the new created templates and the idea behind the scenario.
Looking forward to new projects.

Thanks. Getting this kind of feedback makes it worth all the trouble. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
hi, this scenario looks really interesting( i am playing on my mind a big walking dead campaign,series of scenarios i mean, and this makes a great approach) for thematic purposes i suggest that if someone blows up the square(direct hit with anything explosive or surround hit with gasoline) with the guns the heroes should automatically lose, because you know that is a bag of guns and ammo, easy to explode have not playtested dont know if this is unbalancing but it makes sense
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 09:47 PM by abomination.)
(03-01-2013 11:02 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(02-27-2013 10:41 PM)abomination Wrote:  another thing that I noticed that didn't become an issue in this game was with the lurkers becoming walkers on the number rolled for a hit with a gun. I would suggest changing it to the range of the weapon.

I chose to add this as an "unease" factor to the scenario. If you think the game plays more smoothly with the range, I’ll try playtesting with that.

when you put it that way it makes sense that a hero can't rely on just picking them off from the edge of their range and never having to deal with the other lurkers until they choose. takes the control away from the heroes which really makes them plan ahead. I have decided I like the roll better than the range.

I will hopefully be playing again tonight with a couple of friends. we'll play it again and I'll try to leave you some more feedback.