Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Warm Bodies
03-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Warm Bodies
Just finished reading this last night. It is basically a love story between a zombie and a living as told from the perspective of the zombie, R. It has an interesting take on zombie social structure, and what they do and where they go when they are not hunting flesh. Pretty good read overall, quick too, only 250 pages.

Check it out if you haven't yet. Chime in with your thoughts on it if you have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 06:20 AM
RE: Warm Bodies
They're making a movie on it!

Warm Bodies - IMDB

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
(03-02-2012 06:20 AM)thegep Wrote:  They're making a movie on it!

Warm Bodies - IMDB

"After a zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims, their romance sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world. "

It must have been a Hell of a first date Zombie11

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 08:10 PM by alderdust.)
Warm Bodies by Issac Marion
Guys I just purchased this book on amazon for my kindle...its so awesome, if you liked twilight you will love this book and if you love zombies you will love this book! Here is the description below:

R is a young man with an existential crisis--he is a zombie. He shuffles through an America destroyed by war, social collapse, and the mindless hunger of his undead comrades, but he craves something more than blood and brains. He can speak just a few grunted syllables, but his inner life is deep, full of wonder and longing. He has no memories, noidentity, and no pulse, but he has dreams.

After experiencing a teenage boy's memories while consuming his brain, R makes an unexpected choice that begins a tense, awkward, and stragely sweet relationship with the victim's human girlfriend. Julie is a blast of color in the otherwise dreary and gray landscape that surrounds R. His decision to protect her will transform not only R, but his fellow Dead, and perhaps their whole lifeless world.

Scary, funny, and surprisingly poignant, Warm Bodies is about being alive, being dead, and the blurry line in between.

[Image: MV5BODMyOTg1NzE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjMw...SY317_.jpg]

If any of you have read it let me know what you think. Just thought this community would appreciate it. Plus its coming out as a movie in 2013.
04-06-2012, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 12:33 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Warm Bodies by Issac Marion
Wow this could be pretty cool thanks for the heads up.
04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
So I finished the book about a week ago and forgot to post I rated it 3 out of 5 for these reasons....

1. It seems to be a knockoff of Twilight except with Zombies. (except where the volturi come into play to set the vampires right its the "boneys" which are elder zombies almost alien like.)
2. The climactic moments of the book are short lived and without detail.
3. It seemed to drag the main plot of the story and left alot of things unanswered. (kind of like if you jumped in the middle of watching the matrix for the first time)
4. I would of gave it 2 out of 5 but I gave it 1 extra for the creativity of being a story from the zombie point of view.

If anyone else has any other input that would be welcome.
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one thinking there's an idea for a LNOE custom scenario?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Am I the only one thinking that this must all be an elaborate April Fool's joke? Come on, a romance novel about a zombie. What will they come up with next, alien invaders living their life-long dreams as actors in a freak circus?
04-24-2012, 06:54 PM
(04-24-2012 02:22 PM)Masterofmayhem Wrote:  Am I the only one thinking that this must all be an elaborate April Fool's joke? Come on, a romance novel about a zombie. What will they come up with next, alien invaders living their life-long dreams as actors in a freak circus?

Masterofmayhem, search your dark feelings; you know that's not so far fetched either. Sure zombie romance sounds lame (it is pretty lame!). But hey it's just a bit more elaborate than Zombie Hunger (refering to LNOE). Romance is an important part of any zombie flick. Take the movie "Braindead". This one includes the true essence of utter zombie romance captured in one memorable scene. Imagine an entire book like that! As long as it includes lawnmovers and sheer amounts of blood it can't be that bad.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2012, 01:31 AM
i dunno.. I like zombie horror flicks.. even bad ones. books too.. but not humorous ones.

I had to ditch after .25 of a chapter of married: with zombies as it was about a love affair between two people in a city where zeds are common but troublesome. was way too lighthearted... downplayed the zed threat like they were wild dogs. ie..a problem.. but not a REAL problem.. just an inconvienience.. like have torn up trash every now and then..

lets face it floks.. if we all woke up one day and there WERE zombies walking the earth.. it would be prety much a prime concern to get rid of them if at all possible.. post haste..