Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warm bodies premiere!
02-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Wink Warm bodies premiere!
Did anyone see it? I read the book but was skeptical about the movie. What were your thoughts? Please refrain from spoilers since some members haven't seen it yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: Warm bodies premiere!
My girlfriend wants to see it. I heard bad things about it equating it to a dumber version of Twilight... I'm leery at best.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Yeah the book was about like that...twilight but with zombies I didn't go cause I'm not sure i want to pay theatre pricing
02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
(02-02-2013 02:44 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Did anyone see it? I read the book but was skeptical about the movie. What were your thoughts? Please refrain from spoilers since some members haven't seen it yet.

I went to see "The Hobbit" (which was awesome in 3D by the way) and saw a long preview for "Warm Bodies". It did not look good to me. I am a fan of both scary, bloody zombie movies and more humorous ones but this one looks goofy.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I watched it, and here are my thoughts:

- It's an interesting take on zombie lore, very light-hearted and not really meant to be taken seriously. The concept worked for me.
- I love the acting. The lead actor and actress had very good chemistry.
- I didn't like how the conflict near the end of the movie was handled. The "threat" needed to me more threatening than how it was presented. Being too light at this point made it fall flat for me.
- Definitely something to see for a romantic date.
02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Labrat pretty much hit the nail on the head.

My fiance and I just saw this, and we both really enjoyed it. It was cute, but not sickeningly so, and had a bit for both of us.

The best way i can think of to describe it is Romeo & Juliet with zombies. Hell, the main characters are names R. and Julie. and R's best friend is named M.

Anyway, good flick, at least for a date.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
02-05-2013, 12:00 AM
(02-04-2013 11:11 PM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  Labrat pretty much hit the nail on the head.

My fiance and I just saw this, and we both really enjoyed it. It was cute, but not sickeningly so, and had a bit for both of us.

The best way i can think of to describe it is Romeo & Juliet with zombies. Hell, the main characters are names R. and Julie. and R's best friend is named M.

Anyway, good flick, at least for a date.

Wow nice observation I didn't even notice the Romeo and juliet reference
02-05-2013, 01:03 AM
(02-04-2013 11:11 PM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  The best way i can think of to describe it is Romeo & Juliet with zombies. Hell, the main characters are names R. and Julie. and R's best friend is named M.

I didn't catch that reference too. Good catch.