Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wave 1.5 News ~ Kickstarter Update
10-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Wave 1.5 News ~ Kickstarter Update
Woohoo! The we're finally counting down to the big 1.5 shipment. At this point though, the question is are you going to go for it?

Link to Kickstarter Update Page

For domestically situated Frog Fans, we're looking at $50.00 for early delivery of the following.

[Image: 11006594c185242c6b974d8371427a49_origina...1230c33a87]

Caverns of Cynder OtherWorld Expansion (including Lava Men)
Frontier Town Expansion (including Bandits)
Scourge Rats (including Rat's Nest as a free bonus)
Serpentmen Warriors
Serpentmen Shaman
Void Sorcerers (was just a single Sorcerer in the KS, but we are including extra 2 Void Sorcerers as a free bonus)
Void Hounds
Undead Outlaw Gang
The Undead Gunslinger
Trederran Raiders
Harvesters
Custodians
Targa Pylons
XL Dark Stone Hydra
Scafford Gang
XXL Beli'al
Dead Man's Bounty Game Supplement
Treasures of the Void Game Supplement
Badlands Expedition Game Supplement
Prospector Hero Class - with Male and Female Miniatures
Orphan Hero Class - with Male and Female Miniatures
Drifter Hero Class - with Male and Female Miniatures
Outlaw Hero Miniatures - Male and Female
Doorways Into Darkness Set - including Into the Darkness Card Set as a Free Bonus (Minecart or Add-on)
XXL Burrower (Minecart or Add-on)
Dark Stone Brutes (Minecart or Add-on)
XL Guardian (Minecart or Add-on)
Colonel Scafford (Minecart or Add-on)
Trun Hunters (Add-on)
Targa Artifacts Game Supplement (Add-on)
Jargono Artifacts Game Supplement (Add-on)
Cynder Artifacts Game Supplement (Add-on)
Blank Card Set: Threats (Add-on)
Blank Card Set: Mine (Add-on)
Blank Card Set: Jargono (Add-on)
Blank Card Set: Targa (Add-on)

This is really cool. I had the privilege of going to Gen Con 2015 and witnessing the sheer awe factor of the XXL Burrower. Just seeing the picture of XXL Beli'al is exciting. All that withstanding though, I have not yet had the chance to play through all the missions available to me NOW. I still have all of Jargano and Cynder to explore with my mutating cowboy band, since various Jobs and Sports obligations interrupted our bi-weekly dungeon crawls.

[Image: 4a2d4d6d5b17570c240c4175cb370b57_origina...a707d07d8f]

On the one hand, getting this larger portion of material sent out to me early will provide me with ample time to get work underway to complete the set. All that withstanding, the core set itself provided me with months of entertainment when we were playing it and I have another core set and a large expansion as yet unplayed. When we were first going through the game I was sure we would need the 1.5 shipping by the time they offered it again. Now, on the other hand, I am not so sure.

[Image: c94764951f452884c632a79a87cf42b9_origina...742d781373]

Regardless, I am super excited to see the result of all their work on the game!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Wave 1.5 News ~ Kickstarter Update
I am tempted, but it is super expensive and I've frankly been pretty disillusioned by the whole experience so far. I did get some new glue that is meant specifically for miniatures, so maybe that will go a little better. Suffice it to say, I got so frustrated with putting the miniatures together (using just normal super glue) that I still have yet to finish and actually play this game. Try as I might, I just find it too frustrating and haven't been able to stomach the idea of returning to it. Perhaps the new glue will help. I look at this and get excited about all the cool stuff.... and then look at all the pieces we will have to put together and want to drop kick somebody in the teeth.

So, I am tempted, especially if we'll get Beli'al, as he/it was one of the things I was most interested in getting. But, the high shipping price as well as the overall frustration has me in doubt. So, not sure what I am going to decide, but I will wind up deciding soon. Heck, I may even just take the plunge because I don't feel like getting ALL of that stuff all at once, so it would be better to break it up into one extra shipment.
10-03-2015, 05:25 PM
StayPuft -- instead of glue, seriously, grab some plastic cement. That stuff hardens in seconds.
10-03-2015, 06:17 PM
You guys is crazy. I just use bubblegum and tape :P
10-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Another $50 ...I'm torn. I have a MC so I'll be getting all this without
spending what amounts to the cost of another Game (hello EH Expansion)
but the again ........

I'll wait for an entire year, but then again I'll have the 2nd Wave of Cthulhu
Wars arriving this month plus 2 BattleLore2 Undead expansions being
delivered next week. Plus Cthulhu Wars2 KS goes up on the 19th. which
will be $150 .

My painting backlog really could stand a years wait, so I'll probably pass.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Nope. I'm already not playing it, so I'll just wait for the big shipment and maybe that will get my interest up again.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm doing 1.5. Of course, I don't have to pay international shipping (and if they do a local pick-up, I'll do that). I totally get why some might not.

Seriously, looking at 1.5, that's the vast majority of the stretch goals (other than the alt-gender minis, the Flesh Stalker, and the allies). I'm excited about all the great stuff I'll be getting!
10-09-2015, 06:18 PM
(10-03-2015 05:25 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  StayPuft -- instead of glue, seriously, grab some plastic cement. That stuff hardens in seconds.

Oh man! You say that after I got the new stuff. LOL! I don't think it was plastic cement. I haven't tried it yet, but if it doesn't work well, I'll try plastic cement next.
11-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Belated update: My friend who went in on this with me didn't get a chance to go to Gen Con this year like I did, and was really excited about all the new stuff in the 1.5 update. He ended up offering to pay for the shipping cost to get it sooner.
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
I just got my shipping notice from Cthulhu Wars Expansions & Stretch Goal stuff will be here Dec.9th.
17 lbs in multiple boxes so I'm definitely passing on 1.5 SoB shipping I just can't handle that much
product.

Of course that means that the Cthulhu Wars2 KS stuff and SoB wave 2 will hit around the same time
time next fall.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: