Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"We've Got To Go Back" Scenario
07-20-2012, 03:26 PM
"We've Got To Go Back" Scenario
The wife and I have just finished our first game of the Web download "We've got to go back" scenario, And I have to say probably my favorite scenario to date. She played the Zed's as she always does and I started with 6 cards of my choice, Inc. Meat Cleaver and Chainsaw (we're playing Vanilla) pretty much from the start she cornered me as I'd kept Becky and Father Jo v.close to each other to make use of their abilities, that along with some appaulting rolling by myself meant I was pretty much forced to search before trying to make an assault.

She mannaged to play an "Overconfidence" Card on Becky forcing me to send my big hitters, Jake with the chainsaw, and Father Jo with the Meat Cleaver and Faith to her rescue. Due to appauling rolling earlier Father Jo couldn't risk trying to cancel it.

About half way through the game all looked lost I had 7 wounds spread over my heros and had lost nearly all my starting cards.

Becky and Father Jo took a final stand in the 3 spaces that linked the Town to my escape route on the truck and with 7 turns left they fell dropping one of the Bio Canisters and spawning Jenny and Billy. I was very fortunate in finding the other Bio Canister in the next building I searched for and held up there whilst I searched for some helping cards.

Mannaged to be very lucky with picking up "just What I needed" cards when I needed themand with that had my heros healed and ready to go, although by this time Sophia had moved her horde to cover the fallen Canister. I had 4 moves left... the atmosphere was tense.

I sent Billy off to get the Gasoline to try to set it down on the Bio Canister and now 5 Zed's that were in the same space, since the Sheriff although starting with a Revolver, for me has no ability what-so-ever to use a gun and when rolling 5 die at the zombie horde on the canister with the shotgun somehow only mannaged to hit 1 Zed, then when rolling to test to see out of ammo rolled at east 4x 4's... typical.

I then played an "Escape thru Windows card" and used Zombie Hunger to force them off the canister and placed Jenny and Jake in an adjacent square to fight the now 4 zombies. Sophia used zombie hunger to place two Zed's on the Sheriff who then died, I didn't care cause he'd he'd rolled like a tit all game.

Jenny and Billy made it to the truck with 3 turns left and one canister leaving Jake to use an exchange item turn to pick up the final canister and Sally to try to help out with the Revolver she'd found.

On the final go Sally mannaged to take out the last Zed on Jake leaving him a path to the truck with 4 spaces to move.

Roll a 4+ to win the game a 1,2 or 3 to loose... How close is that!

The question I pose who do you think won?!

Did I manage to roll my 4+?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: "We've Got To Go Back" Scenario
Nice game briefing, seanofthedead! Based on your description of that round, I don't think you roll your 4+... If you hit 1 zombie out of 5 with the shotgun, I'm almost sure that you didn't roll a 4+ when you needed (I have the worst luck, I can say for sure that when it comes to dice rolling... I'm in big trouble).

(07-20-2012 03:26 PM)sean of the dead Wrote:  then when rolling to test to see out of ammo rolled at east 4x 4's... typical.

Did you roll 4 dice to test if the Shotgun was out of ammo? If you did, then you shouldn't, only one die is required!
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
(07-20-2012 03:40 PM)LFuzer Wrote:  Did you roll 4 dice to test if the Shotgun was out of ammo? If you did, then you shouldn't, only one die is required!

Yes I did (I see my mistake there now thanks <smiles>) I rolled them all together to see how many I hit, then all together again to test for out of ammo, Why I checked for out of ammo 4 times when onl shooting once is a mystery, but Seing how the Sheriff seem to be the worst at using firearms when under my control I have no doubt it would of been a burt anyhow lol.

Thanks for correcting me, that's why I love posting here, it's the simple things I seem to overlook.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
07-20-2012, 04:01 PM
(07-20-2012 03:56 PM)sean of the dead Wrote:  Thanks for correcting me, that's why I love posting here, it's the simple things I seem to overlook.

Hehehe, I feel the same way! Everybody here is very thoughtful and have helped me immensely since I joined the forum! You always learn a thing or two!

Did you roll your 4+, by the way? LOL
07-20-2012, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 05:19 PM by sean of the dead.)
If i'd of been rolling with the Sheriff my answer would of definately been a no, but Jake never seems to let me down, he rolled a 5, I then told Soph I'd deduct 1 off my movement roll because Jake had to piggy back Sally 2 spaces so she got on the truck as well.. <smiles>
If i'd of been rolling with the Sheriff my answer would of definately been a no, but Jake never seems to let me down, he rolled a 5, I then told Soph I'd deduct 1 off my movement roll because Jake had to piggy back Sally 2 spaces so she got on the truck as well.. <smiles>