Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My game night went GREAT!
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
My game night went GREAT!
We had a really good turnout, including one other guy who brought his copy of the game. We had several fans of the game, as well as several newbies who had never played. The quick reference guides somebody posted here were a big help so I didn't have to explain all the rules, but they didn't have to read the whole 23 page rulebook. LOL! We started out with 8 total players, so we split up into two games of 4 players.

The funny thing is, when we talked later, it turns out we both started with the same scenario: Save the Townsfolk. Nobody really wanted to try Die Zombies Die! LOL!

In our first game, the zombies pretty much massacred the heroes (and my wife looked awfully cute doing it, I'd like to add. LOL). But, we put up a good fight.

After that, we took a brief break and played a shorter game somebody else brought. It was called "King of Tokyo" and it was actually a lot of fun! I picked the King Kong-like character and actually won the game.

Then, a friend of mine I've known for a few years now from YouTube (but never met in person) came by for the game with his girlfriend. So, our table now had the full 6 players!

That actually wond up being a lot of fun. We played Escape in the Truck. The zombies had A LOT of luck in getting tons of zombies on the board right away, and great cards. So, once again, the heroes were getting pretty brutalized. LOL!

The one really cool thing about playing with 6 players is that, since each hero player has one hero, it was very easy for the zombies to get a zombie hero. Which they did. LOL! Jenny the Farmers Daugther became a zombie hero, but was later killed with a revolver.

The game was very well received by the group (no surprise there). The manager of the comic shop who I had worked with in setting the game day up enjoyed it so much (and felt there was a good enough turn out) that he plans to do it every Wednesday.

Unfortunately, my own life tends to get a bit too busy, so every week probably wouldn't work out for me. But, I plan to definitely bring my game along at least once a month.

So, overall it went really well! It was great! I even met quite a fun crowd, and in time, we may start to have our own game nights back at our own homes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: My game night went GREAT!
Did you take any pictures with thumbs up???
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Glad it went well! From personal experience people who come to these kinds of things are usually pretty cool.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Huzzah!!! Glad it went well. Here's to many more!
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to get pics of everybody doing the thumbs up. LOL!

Anyway, we had another game night yesterday! It also went very well! A bunch of people from the first time couldn't make it, but we did wind up with a total of 5 people, including two new players. They both enjoyed it enough to add their names to the e-mail list we started, so hopefully we will see them again!

We had time for two games. First, we played "Burn 'Em Out," as I still had yet to play that. The game was EPIC! For a while, it was a bit of a stand still. The zombies weren't having much luck killing anybody, but the heroes weren't getting the explosives they needed.

After a while, the game really kicked into high gear. Several heroes found explosives. The zombies actually got cards a couple times that allowed them to spawn new zombie pits. Normally a good thing for zombies, but in this case it left them more vulnerable. Sure enough, we were able to soon destroy two pits, both of which were the ones they added via the card. LOL!

Unfortunately, destroying one left the drifter in a space with several zombies. He had survived the round, and therefore destroyed the pit, but being unable to move until the next turn, the zombies came after him again and killed him.

Father Joseph was near death when we had three heroes already go down. But, he had the explosives we needed. So, luckily he passed them to Sally, who was still fresh.

She headed toward the last spawning pit we needed to destroy. Unfortunately, so did several zombies. In the end, sadly, she did not survive the fights, and the zombies won, but it was a very narrow game.

After that, we played Escape in the Truck. It was another game that wound up being VERY epic. Several zombies were either on the truck or very close. In the end, we were able to use zombie hunger to our advantage to get them away from the truck.

Sheriff Anderson made a heroic gesture, and wound up luring 5... yes 5 zombies away from the truck. Then, we were able to play Old Bessy to keep the zombies stuck there. Amazingly, luck was with us and the Sheriff survived! He was one of two characters who had been able to find gasoline.

At the very last minute, the zombies got screwed over by one of their own cards. I forget the name of the card, but it was the one where the zombies are so old that they completely break apart. He rolled, and ALL of the remaining zombies broke apart.

That gave us the opening we needed, though at that point we'd have probably succeeded anyway. The Sheriff got on the truck, as did Becky, who had found the keys. In the end, all four heroes made it safely to the truck, and we won! It literally made it to the LAST turn.

Both games were a lot of fun, and exactly the perfect kind of game to have, one that is very close and down to the wire.
07-20-2012, 01:04 AM
I feel for you StayPuft I don't get to play as much as I'd like to either due to the busy life.
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Exactly. Thank goodness I was able to get a gaming group going. I hope it continues to go well.
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Sweeeeeeeet! I am happy for you dude! Congrats.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user