Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Web Scenario: We've got to go back
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Web Scenario: We've got to go back
So we played this one last night. I've played the scenario before, so it's not really a statement on how well it was designed or not, but more a recap and how it was so funny. We opted for the 12 hero cards at random. It was two pump shotguns, a revolver and a bat.

My friend (who has to have everything I have, to... compete?) just bought hero pack 1, and thus just got Victor and Jade. Two people in the group took them. I took Sally as she is by far one of my favorite characters in the game. Last on the lineup roll was Sam, the tank. Victor got the bat to allow an extra fight dice, I got a revolver, and the other two the P-death's. The rest were events, Doc Brody was in there. They allowed me to keep all the events so I can play them as I see fit. So many times it's, "What do you have in your hand?.... Crap, why didn't you play that two turns ago?" So, I took them all.

Turn 1, zombies spawn 12, instead he spawns 6 and spawns 3 with grave weapons. 2 at each of the closet spawn pits to us. I chuckle at the sheer power we have at the truck, but still, if he had drawn a explosive zombie and a shamble, crap could have hit the fan so quickly. Machete, Sickle, and Stench of death. So it wasn't too bad for us.

Now, here's where the game got statistically silly. We fought a total of about 15 fights and took down about 60-80 zombies. Everyone used their ranged weapon from the beginning. So that means a lot of shooting. Some P-deathed a group after hungering them and would take out 3 at a time.
For the first 11 turns, everyone that shot something, hit. Let's say, the first 30 activations of a gun was a hit. Shotgun has a 60% chance to hit, revolver 50% chance. That's decent odds in heroes' favor, but on 30 tries to not miss at all? Wow. Flip a coin, get it right 30 times in a row. Not one gun ran out. We never lost a gun. The pump shotgun has a 1/3 chance on use. They used it 10 times, on each player. Kept it each time. I felt bad for the zombie player who was getting literally steam rolled into oblivion, but, my god. Our luck with guns in this game is "Sheriff starts with it, he shoots once, crap" Always. Guns either miss all day, or hit to save a life and run out. Never rely on them. Not this game. Statistics be damned.

I'm glad I was a human.

Needless to say, we won.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2011, 10:43 PM
RE: Web Scenario: We've got to go back
Heroes are so OP compared to the zombies at the best of times. Sounds like your zombie player had no chance.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-19-2011, 04:50 PM
(09-18-2011 01:18 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Turn 1, zombies spawn 12, instead he spawns 6 and spawns 3 with grave weapons. 2 at each of the closet spawn pits to us.

erm... You do know you can't place a Grave Weapon Zombie at a Spawning pit right?

Damn good day to be a Hero though with the shooting!
09-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Pretty sure that is not true. You can spawn on a zombie that's been spawned in the same phase and on any zombie on a spawning pit. I don't see anywhere that says they can't start with a grave weapon.

09-19-2011, 05:18 PM
P. 8 of the Survival of the fittest rulebook says 'To give a Zombie a Grave Weapon draw a card from the Grave Weapons Deck and then choose any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same or adjacent space as a Hero (or ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit)
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 05:35 PM by Orguss.)
Yes, but it can be applied to any zombies including ones spawned now in this phase.

Step 1 roll to spawn,
Step 2 spawn
Step 3 apply any grave weapons through reductions of your spawn

You can at any time you could spawn, for every three you could spawn instead spawn a zombie with a grave weapon
1 for the spawn and 2 for the reduction

09-19-2011, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 06:17 PM by Pred.)
It states: To give a Zombie a Grave Weapon, draw a cardfrom the Grave Weapons Deck and then choose any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same or adjacent space as a Hero (or ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit) and place the marker for the Grave Weapon card drawn under that Zombie. You may even assign a Grave Weapon to a Zombie that has just been Spawned in the same phase.

soooo at first I thought Trev was right, because (or Any Zombie on a Spawning Pit), but I think its saying that you can spawn weapons on the Spawning Pits unless there's a Hero within that Pit Space or Adjacent. I know it's not worded that way but it does say you can place them on newly spawned Zombies, and newly Spawned Zombies are placed on pits. So my interpretation is you can spawn Grave Weapons on any Zombie accept with 2 spaces of the Hero, but I may be wrong, that's just how it seems to be worded to me.
(09-19-2011 05:30 PM)Orguss Wrote:  You can at any time you could spawn, for every three you could spawn instead spawn a zombie with a grave weapon
1 for the spawn and 2 for the reduction

Isn't it for every 2 Zombies place 1 Grave Weapon? or are you meaning something else?

OK I read your post below this, didn't want to make another post but i see what your were talking about now. roll of 3, place 1 Zombie with Grave Weapon.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Okay, the way I think grave weapons work

You can spawn a weapon on a zombie coming into play, or in play. If that zombie is in play it can not be on or next to a hero, UNLESS that hero is dumb enough to be in or near a spawning pit. You can ALWAYS spawn a grave weapon on a spawning pit regardless of how many heroes there are. Is how I read that.

Yes, you spawn one weapon for each 2 you give up if it's to a zombie already in play, but if you want it on a new guy you would still have place the new guy, right? Watchmen02

09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi, So I played Weve got to go back last night, twice even Watchmen02

I tried to look at the senario again, but I cant. I dont know it my IT department has blocked me, or what ? Anyway

I dont have Grave weapons, yet.

So, according to the Game set up. Heros get 6 or 12 card. Nothing else, no replenish or well stock, or free search. Just 6 or 12 cards.

Zombie Players get nothing ? no auto spawn, horde Nothing

14 zombies and 6 L boards ?

Both Games the Hero player took 12 random cards.

First game - we did not set up correctly. We did not place a counter on every L board. They were all done as Rondom rolls. Sam left with both barrels in turn 4

Second game - Since Sam won, we played again. We added 2 cards for the Heros and gave Zombies autospawn. Correcting the Set up in turn 2 (moving a counter to every L board)

The Father was the only Hero left alive in turn 7 with 1 barrel

Next game the set up I hope is correct. and the Heros will be

Victor ADD the chain saw and baseball bat
Rachelle comes with a gun and flashlight ADD Laying Down the Law
Sam ADD chainsaw and welding torch
Sheriff comes with a gun ADD chainsaw OR Goddard

If I were a Hero I would pick
(yeah i mentioned my picks to the Hero player and I still think i have a better crew, but anyway)

Sheriff comes with a gun ADD Laying Down the Law
Johnny ADD meat cleaver and baseball bat
Sally ADD chainsaw and welding torch
Victor ADD garden shears

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
So, i played this senario again last night, played it twice even Watchmen02 We did the set up correctly.

First Game
The Heros
Victor with a chain saw and crow bar
Sheriff with Laying down the Law
Sam with Heroic Resolve and a chain saw
Goddard with.... i forget 2 hand weapons

I told him I didnt like his picks but ohh well.

I had an awesome first two rounds.
Round 1
Sheriff shoots and kills a Zombie, resilient zombie ate all his bullets and Sheriff threw his gun away.
Round 2
I got "Theres no time, just leave it" The only card in the discard pile was Sheriff's Revolver. Darn, it was removed from the game.
During turn 1 Sam moved into a building with a numbered counter. I smacked Sam in the face and he lost his chain saw. Then stoner Sam searched, losing his Heroic Resolve. ( i didnt notice it unil the next Hero moved and after Sam searched and found a Bio-can ) and Victor the Tank rolling 5 dice got Bitten. Imagine that ? hows does that happen ?
The following round i drew, discard Top Ten. 2 shot guns came out and no revolver. There was no Gun Shop and the Police Station was way on the other side of town. They all eventually died.

Game 2
Same Heroes except he traded Sheriff for Rachelle and took 12 random cards. Rachelle had 2 wounds and already had Over Confident played on her. There were 2 zombies in her space. Victor came to save her, he had 1 wound already. My best play. I played Unneccesay Self Sacrifice. Victor had a Welding Torch and Monkey Wrench. Victor took the wound as to not let Rachelle die. The next fight, the silly Monkey Wrench got "stuck".
Much like the first game, the Heroes did not make it back to the truck.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05