Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Web only STOCK UP cards.
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Web only STOCK UP cards.
Anyone buy or use these?

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr...s=5f67e731

They are the WEB ONLY supplement.

It has a new Scenario and 10 new cards.

Just curious to know what you thought, is it worth it?

[Image: FFPWeb001_StockUpSupplement.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2008, 06:22 PM
RE: Web only STOCK UP cards.
I keep waffling between getting them or not.
08-20-2008, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2008 06:42 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
I picked them up and there are some nice cards and they help to beef up your card decks and I think there is mention of adding two sets to your decks. I only bought one and might buy another but I don't think they are essential since they don't change the game that much but I figured I would get them at the time I ordered the SE Soundtrack and to support the company.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Being a big fan of this game, I purchased the stock up supplement as well as the growing hunger expansion.

As far as whether the stock up is worth $10 plus shipping? I'd say yes. I can think of several instances when the stock up cards have made quite an impact on the game. Such as the "No.. It can't be!" card where the zombies can sacrifice 5(or 4. I can't remember for certain) of their zombies to grab an unused character sheet and turn them into a zombie hero.

The stock up scenario is quite a lot of fun too, since once the heroes have gathered their items they need to get to one building, everyone is concentrating on that one building. I recommend dynamite for the heroes. Zombie03 Or at least dowsing the area with gas before the building becomes the objective.

And let's not forget my favorite card: "I'll see you in hell!". Where a hero with an explosive item can kill everyone in their square(including themselves) as well as everyone in an adjacent square on a roll of 3+? I can't exactly remember the roll. But I can't help but smile when I draw this card.

ANWAY, I've never been good at reviews and I obviously have a biased opinion towards how great this game is. So basically I couldn't resist having more top quality cards that add more twists to the game and options to the heroe's and zombie's hand.
08-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I just ordered these Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Good enough for me!

I think I'll get them too.

Plus I like to support the products I like!
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I basicly desided to get it for the extra scenario card Watchmen02
Ok, you can come up with your own scenarios but I just like to have a cool looking extra card to come with it. Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Is it worth getting the soundtrack and card set or should I just get the card set?
08-21-2008, 12:13 PM
HA! Never mind I'm stupid. I hit my head really hard today so I'm a bit loopy at the moment.
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
The scenario is really good and it is always nice to have some additional scenario's to choose from. And the SE soundtrack is worth it plus you get a couple cards with it so yeah if you havent bought the SE CD or the Stock pack this would be a grand time to pick up both together.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."