Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie)
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie)
Has anyone here seen this movie? Wathching it, I felt like I was seeing a live action reenactment of a game of A Touch of Evil. The characters, the costuming, the plot, everything.

It wasn't a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a fun one. It's worth watching for any Touch of Evil fan, and is sure to put you in the mood to play a game against the werewolf.

Side note- If you want to make a drinking game out of it, take a shot every time a character puts a knife to another character's throat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie)
Just watched the trailer. I just might have to watch itWatchmen02

I love pretty much all werewolf movies, save the Beast of Bray Road. Boy, did that suck.

This one definitely looks ATOE inspired. I'll have to check Netflix.
02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I absolutely couldn't get into this at all. I think I watched it for 15 minutes and was done... Didn't click with me at all, which is weird cause I love werewolf movies (Even the Beast Of Bray Road!)
02-07-2013, 05:23 PM
The best werewolf film of all time is 'An American Werewolf in London' The original version. A more recent but VERY good werewolf film is called 'Dog Soldiers'.
02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
(02-07-2013 05:23 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  The best werewolf film of all time is 'An American Werewolf in London' The original version. A more recent but VERY good werewolf film is called 'Dog Soldiers'.

I think everyone can agree that American Werewolf in London is the pinnacle of lycanthrope movies. I agree dog soldiers was killer as well.

Another great one for the hard core fans was Wolfen with Albert Finney. It brought a less supernatural, more spiritual element as they were skinwalkers rather than cursed souls.
02-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Will have to check this out. Speaking of which, I went a bit binge-ish a while back & picked up/ watched as many ATOE-like movies as I could find. "Red Riding Hood" (w/ Amanda Seyfried & Gary Oldman) is one I would reccomend. Some of the others off the top of my head that I already had or aquired;

Brotherhood of the Wolf
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (Kenneth Branaugh & Robrert DeNiro)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Oldman, Hopkins, Rider, Reeves, et al)
Sleepy Hollow (duh)
Last of the Mohicans
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Fog (original)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
All of the old Hammer Dracula flicks (I need to track down all of their other period pieces one of these days)
---MS

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-24-2013, 04:03 AM
The 2hr pilot episode of "Werewolf: The Series" was actually a very good Werewolf "movie". Chuck Connors plays a vicious master Werewolf.

Does anyone have a good template I could use to flesh out a custom Villain? All these Hammer movies reminded me I designed a Gorgon villain. Play-tested it a few times and it's pretty good, but still just stats scribbled on paper.

The only problem I'm not sure how to fix, she actually is deadly- Heroes can get killed by this Gorgon, not just KO'd but removed from the game (turned to stone if they see her once too many times) It just doesn't work thematically otherwise, but none of the other ATOE villains work that way. Any suggestions?
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Check Ginger Snaps movies and period piece sequel Ginger Snaps Back plus hunt down Eyes of Fire (very strange 'lost colony' film....on youtube)

06-19-2013, 02:25 AM
(02-07-2013 09:25 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Has anyone here seen this movie? Wathching it, I felt like I was seeing a live action reenactment of a game of A Touch of Evil. The characters, the costuming, the plot, everything.

It wasn't a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a fun one. It's worth watching for any Touch of Evil fan, and is sure to put you in the mood to play a game against the werewolf.

Side note- If you want to make a drinking game out of it, take a shot every time a character puts a knife to another character's throat.

It's really funny that you say that. I actually wound up watching this movie shortly after having finally gotten a chance to play A Touch of Evil for the very first time, and enjoyed it even more so because of that. (Coincidentally, we played against the werewolf.) I would also very muchly so agree with your assessment of the movie. Would I call it a "good" movie. No, not really. But, I wouldn't call it a bad movie either. I really enjoyed it, and it was just what I wanted after having played (and instantly become obsessed with) ATOE.
06-19-2013, 06:58 AM
I think that movie should feature a public service announcement at the end warning kids about the dangers of putting knives to people's throats.