Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie)
06-19-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (movie)
I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2013, 10:55 PM
(06-19-2013 11:02 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Personally, I would recommend having a gaming session of ATOE where you take on the werewolf, then watch this movie. ;-) Or watch the movie then play ATOE. But, either way it would make for a great pair. Could even invite over a few buddies and make a little shindig out of it.
06-25-2013, 11:27 AM
My wife busts me continually for scouring the guide for one and a half star movies. I love a good cheesy horror movie where the heroes stalk the villain - happily, there's still a bit of Scooby-doo in me. It's fun guessing which hero will be the last one standing. And since I've come to know ATOE I can't separate the game from those movies - and it has helped enlighten her as well, since she also loves the game Watchmen02
06-25-2013, 01:03 PM
(06-19-2013 11:02 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I'm always on the lookout for ATOE like movies, so I'll have to check this one out. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Another one is Lost Colony: Legend of Roanoake, I think it might have been made for Sci-Fi movie but it definitely had that ATOE feel.

@ATOEtalgeek, I think you may like this one.
06-26-2013, 04:20 AM
(06-25-2013 01:03 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
---MSWatchmen01

Another one is Lost Colony: Legend of Roanoake, I think it might have been made for Sci-Fi movie but it definitely had that ATOE feel.

@ATOEtalgeek, I think you may like this one.

With Adrian Paul? I didn't think that at the time (I may have seen it BEFORE I played ATOE?), but I can see it now. Watchmen02

I haven't watched it yet, but I caved & picked up "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" just for this reason. Hoping it falls in line with this style of movie. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-26-2013, 05:43 PM
That one is at the top of my netfix queue. Can't wait to see it. looks very ATOE friendly
06-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I watched W:tBAU last night. I did enjoy it quite a bit. I could see the ATOE vibe particularly well in the first half. It took a little bit of a turn toward the end that I wasn't crazy about (& focused on THAT twist a bit too much). I also wasn't crazy about the choice of "bad guy" (if you've seen, you know what I mean), but overall I did like it quite a bit & it seemed set up for a sequel?

Hoping to watch H&G:WH tonight. Watchmen02

06-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

07-01-2013, 01:54 AM
(06-28-2013 04:09 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

Is that one that is on the instant Netflix? I feel like I recall seeing it there. I may have to check that out.
07-01-2013, 04:45 AM
(07-01-2013 01:54 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 04:09 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Watched "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" last night. WOW! What crazy good fun! Very kitschy & over-the-top, in a "Evil Dead 2" sort of way. Funny, action packed, well executed with good make up & spfx, & surprisingly squishy. And yes, a very strong ATOE vibe was present as well. Watchmen02

Is that one that is on the instant Netflix? I feel like I recall seeing it there. I may have to check that out.

I don't know. I don't have Netflix. I caved & bought the DVD. Glad I did. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01