Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game length question
05-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Game length question
I'm a high school teacher.

Due to my content area, I have the 'ability' to use LNoE as a teaching tool. Watchmen02 The drawback is I do not have much time to complete a full game. We generally play a very scaled back "Get out of town" scenario. Even then, we usually end up 2-3 heroes on the truck and zombies banging on the tailgate...annnnnd then the bell rings.

Do you folks have any or know of any scenarios that can be completed in 90 minutes or so?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2016, 12:19 AM
RE: Game length question
What is your content area? Just interested in how your able to use LNoE as a teaching tool.

As to your question I don't play LNoE but I hope some of our members who do can provide
you with some info.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-19-2016, 02:14 AM
(05-19-2016 12:19 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  What is your content area? Just interested in how your able to use LNoE as a teaching tool.

Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.

Admin digs that I can use zombies to teach emergency preparedness. No sh!t. The CDC says, "...if you are prepared for a zombie apocalypse, then you are generally prepared for any other disaster..." And if a Government Organization promotes it, well, then... Plus the kids have to think on the go. What happens now? What do you do now? Add a different twist. Think and move... And it's my background so everything flows really well.

It's a cool gig. Zombie03
05-19-2016, 03:35 AM
That is a sweet gig!

Regarding your question...doesn't the Hold The Line scenario play a little shorter? Usually for us it's in a loss, but usually a quick one :/

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-19-2016, 01:54 PM
(05-19-2016 03:35 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  That is a sweet gig!

Regarding your question...doesn't the Hold The Line scenario play a little shorter? Usually for us it's in a loss, but usually a quick one :/

Right on. I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks. [Image: Beer_mug_2.gif]
05-19-2016, 02:01 PM
You could go through and hand-craft Zombie and Hero decks that remove certain cards that can lengthen the game, like the new zombie spawning ones, and "Just A Scratch". For Escape in the Truck, that would also increase the rate at which the Keys and Gasoline would come up. Additionally, you could also make sure the Gas Station tile is always in play.

As an alternative, you could pull the Keys and Gasoline out of the pile altogether, and use them as part of a classroom setting modification to get them. A sub-goal to get them (that would be predictable rather than random in the deck), or perhaps correctly answering a verbal course material quiz item after killing 5 Zombies (and each Zombie thereafter to get another try).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2016, 02:13 PM
(05-19-2016 02:01 PM)mqstout Wrote:  As an alternative, you could pull the Keys and Gasoline out of the pile altogether, and use them as part of a classroom setting modification to get them. A sub-goal to get them (that would be predictable rather than random in the deck), or perhaps correctly answering a verbal course material quiz item after killing 5 Zombies (and each Zombie thereafter to get another try).

THAT is an awesome idea. Tying the game and specific course material together. I'm thinking to use an 'Exit Ticket' from class also. "What item is most important..." something along those lines.

Great ideas! Please keep them coming!
05-19-2016, 03:00 PM
FYI, if you haven't seen it... http://zombiebased.com/ I threw this guy a few dollars on Kickstarter back when. He was trying to develop geography curriculum that used Zombies as a framework.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user