Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: So What Youse Got
LNoE
AToE
IFOS
COPE
F& G
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Youse Got?
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: What Youse Got?
(09-13-2012 07:24 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Only LNoE, but I'm interested in trying AToE. Does anyone wanna explain to me via PM if this game is worth investing money in? (It's hard for me to put down money regularly because in my country, suppliers are sparse and overcharge you)

Check your PM,whaqt Country would dare do such a thing?
OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I will give you a really good anaology.

Watch the Movie "Sleepy Hollow" with Jonny Depp.

The premise of the game is surmised almost exactly how this movie plays out. 1800's horror /mystery , investigate and gather clues while fending off the hidden villian minons. Find enought clues to find the lair. Attack and kill the evil plaguing the town.

Many associate the game as a Arkham Horror Light... i think not. ITs less Clunky mechanics wise than AH so it plays out much smoother and quicker. And the final showdown is much exciting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM
(09-13-2012 06:32 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(09-13-2012 07:24 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Only LNoE, but I'm interested in trying AToE. Does anyone wanna explain to me via PM if this game is worth investing money in? (It's hard for me to put down money regularly because in my country, suppliers are sparse and overcharge you)

Check your PM,whaqt Country would dare do such a thing?
OD

I actually was abroad when I bought LNoE. I shopped in Australia and picked up the base game and Growing Hunger. The hit to the baggage allowance more than compensated for the increased price I would've had to pay, had I got it in my own country (Philippines).
09-29-2012, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2012 07:46 AM by Karden5048.)
My LNOE stuff has started to show up in the last few days I can't wait to sit down and play hopefully by Monday I will get to try a few games on for size!
Also I am hoping to get FANG as soon as I have sow spare cash. That game really does look like more fun the more I look into it.
09-30-2012, 12:43 AM
For me, the order of preference is AToE, LNoE, IfOS, and CoPE.

I got into FFP games with AToE, because I love the theme. Zombies had never really been my thing, but the way FFP present it in the game is far less grotesque than other games on the market, so I can play it with my kids. IfOS is a logical progression from LNoE and I do love Alien invasion games (and movies). I like CoPE but it hasn't had as much table time as the others.

FanG looks great, but I just made a judgement call about price and how many games I already have in my collection. I decided that I would rather spend the money on expansions for the games I already own than buy into another different game system.
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
LNoE (with Growing Hunger and most of the web expansions) and AToE (with everything except Coast and Hero Pack 2, which are on the way).

ATOE is tops, by a wide margin.

I wanna get FANG when I find the right mix of money and deals.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user