Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
07-27-2012, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 08:18 PM by StayPuft.)
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
So, obviously we can safely assume that most of us are pretty obsessed with Last Night On Earth. After all, that is what brings most of us here. And if we weren't obsessed, but just thought the game was pretty cool, we probably wouldn't be on a message board completely dedicated to it. LOL! (Well, dedicated to it and FFP's other games.)

But, once again, in the interest of us all getting to know each other a little better, what are some of your other obsessions? Feel free to elaborate on why as well. For me:

- Ghostbusters

I've made this pretty obvious already. LOL! Though, I think my screen name and avatar here do a good job of that as well. I don't really think I could ever begin to explain WHY I love Ghostbusters so much. It is just everything about it. Plus, it just has a wholesome, lovable charm to it. They are the sort of movies/cartoons/etc. that can appeal to kids of all ages, from 3 to 193! LOL!

- Wrestling (WWF/WWE, ECW, Chikara)

I've been a wrestling fan since I was a wee little lad and I was a big Hulkamaniac. Years ago, WWE got so bad it seemed like they literally didn't care, and I couldn't bear to watch anymore. But, I still always keep up with the results so I at least know what is going on.

- The Scream franchise

When I was very young, I wasn't really all that into movies like I am now. Scream was the first real horror movie I saw, and it kick started my love/obsession for horror. Plus, the Ghost Face Killer costume is just awesome! How can you not love it?

- Batman

Another one I can't quite explain, but I've always loved. Plus, I love to joke and say "I am Batman!" Or, if I see a search light in the sky (like coming from the airport or something) I act all "suspicious" and say "I....I've gotta go" and then run off. LOL!

- Star Wars, but more specifically Darth Vader

I loved Star Wars since I first saw it. But, Darth Vader always stood out as being THE character I wanted to see. He remains, in my personal opinion, one of the most awesome characters ever created.

- Halloween

Just Halloween in general. I LOVE Halloween. I love all the spooky decorations. I love that horror movies become extra popular during October. I LOVE getting to wear a costume. I love going to haunted attractions. I love going to costume parties. I could go on and on. Halloween is my favorite holiday.

I have many others, but I don't want to bombard you all now. LOL! If this thread becomes popular, I'll come back to discuss some more. ;-)

So now, what are some of yours? And do you share any of mine?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2012, 05:56 AM
RE: What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
For me, My LNOE obsession came from my experience with ZOMBIES!!! (by twilight games) and that spawned from my obsession of all things Zombie related. I have over 30 zombie movies in a growing collection, as well as around 20 books on the subject (From Novels, to Survival Guide, to a Filmography book on the subject)

Otherwise - Video Games, especially Mass Effect and Dragon Age. As Well as the Left 4 Dead series and other things of that nature

Fantasy novels - George RR Martin, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, RA Salvatore, etc...

Belegarth - this one requires a bit of explanation but it's long and uninteresting so heres the website (http://www.belegarth.com) check it out and feel free to ask questions, and yes i know, I'm an Uber-nerd

Classical studies - My college major, working towards my B.A. right now. I really enjoy Latin, and am looking forward to learning Greek as well. Reading Cicero and Vergil in Latin are a couple of my life-goals for myself.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-28-2012, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012 01:53 PM by Leonard.)
Wow I'm totally the same with Halloween, Batman and the Scream franchise. I also love everything to do with the Victorian Era. Zombie17
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Horror movies in general. So much so that I actually run a horror forum for a 1000 other horror nuts.
07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
The usual Beer & SexWatchmen02 HP Lovecraft,Folk songs(yes I still morn
the 60's),Victorian Houses,the Habsburgs,Emily Dickerson,
the movie "Tender is the Night".

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-28-2012, 09:12 PM
(07-28-2012 02:26 PM)sickboy Wrote:  Horror movies in general. So much so that I actually run a horror forum for a 1000 other horror nuts.

Sickboy, I love horror movies (don't know if you've seen my horror movie review thread). I'd like to check out your forum. What is the web site?

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Stickied thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2012, 10:25 AM
(07-28-2012 09:12 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Sickboy, I love horror movies (don't know if you've seen my horror movie review thread). I'd like to check out your forum. What is the web site?

http://www.f13community.com

Oddly enough it's become an obsession in and of itself.
09-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm an A Touch of Evil guy, rather than a Last Night on Earth guy (though I do like LNoE).

I'm also big into comic books (both reading and writing), pro wrestling (I'm a retired one), college football (go 'Pokes!), pro football (Bear Down!), NBA basketball (Thunder Up!) and RPGs (especially Savage Worlds and Marvel SAGA).

On that latter part, I have a blog that is primarily RPG based at http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com and I'm the Social Media Manager for Savage Mojo (http://savagemojo.com), a Savage Worlds and Pathfinder 3rd Party Publisher.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Great Blog (who knew) I love the Title.

Oh I wish to add Pumpkin Ice Cream to my list.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: