Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
11-19-2014, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 05:58 PM by Raynor.)
RE: What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
I think this is a really fascinating question but I try not to define myself by my interests. TV shows come and go. Even literature isn't as relevant as it was to a classic education than it once was. Staying on the cutting edge of so many forms of media isn't just improbable, it's rather irrelevant to the majority of life.

Oh and quite possibly everybody on the planet is better at me in chess.

To be fair though, I have engaged in my fair share of obsessions in the past. I'm currently enjoying Magic the Gathering along with my other board game distractions, but don't have many other "obsessions" that are ongoing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 06:11 PM
My obsessions, in no particular order...

1. Women, lol.

2. Last Night on Earth.

3. My wonderful friends who are awesome enough to play LNoE with me.

4. Gaming in general & Wil Wheaton's Tabletop Series.

5. Reaper Bones Miniatures.

6. The 1959 DeSoto Fireflite. This is actually a leftover part of an earlier obsession with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and the character of Spike in particular.) I don't own one, but I now own parts of one. I've been gradually converting a vehicle to look sort of like one as an homage.

7. Certain areas of computer science, like language and compiler design.

8. Certain areas of typography and book design. Font design, smart font technologies (like graphite), the classical canons of page construction.

9. Early Mormon Church history (though I haven't been a member since I resigned in 2009.)

10. Freemasonry, particularly the York Rite degrees. Although I haven't been delving into this in quite some time, I think I could re-activate it quickly enough that it still counts as an obsession.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
The Austro-Hungarian Empire
The 60's
Expansions to favorite Board Games
Creating Fluff for favorite Board Games
Erika https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: