Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
Ooo! I love Disney too! I am like a big kid when it comes to Disney.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2012, 09:01 PM
For me, nearly anything game playing. My background is based in the ancient fogs of role playing with DnD and Call of Cthulhu and more these days in miniature games. My current obsession being for Malifaux, which in my option is one of the best skirmish games I have ever played.
Also seem to be infected by magic the gathering too!
In between all of these I also am an avid magician too.
Boy I just realised how weird I am!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Stuff I like's pretty simple..

Firefly (because if you don't love it, you should be flogged), roleplaying games (currently running a zombie conversion of the Song of Ice and Fire rp system), League of Legends ("Oh god, one of THOSE people..."), writing, teaching, reading (currently "Ganymede" by Cherie Priest), and, as Irish pointed out awhile back, Scottish accents on women (though I'd probably have to expand it to ANY accent on a gal sounds good).
04-13-2013, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 05:20 AM by Kevthenurse.)
I like the ukulele and banjo-ukulele. I only took up a music instrument a couple of years ago, but I absolutely love it! Maybe someday I will advance to guitar or piano, but my little four-stringed "thing of wonder, wand of thunder" according to Amanda Palmer is enough for now.

And yes, Garaile, Firefly was full of the awesome. Except I don't like how they knocked off my favorite character in the movie...GRRR!
04-16-2013, 01:54 AM
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
I am obsessed with zombies of course. I zombies and Halloween props. I love Halloween. Spooky and macabre. Scarecrows. Especially murderous zombie scarecrows.
I have a Halloween Villiage set up in my basement. The little light up noisy ceramic buildings. Looks great with miniatures in it.
I am obsessed with my Ural motorcycle. I am happiest when i am out riding. I feel complete and alive when i am on that seat. I put my zombie prop in the motorcycle at Halloween. I have always been a reluctant car person. Never cared for maintenance or even cleaning. With the motorcycle I like taking it apart and servicing it. I love it.
I absolutely love collecting games with miniatures. I collect RPGs and board games. I like obsessing over rules. I obsess over stories. I organize and learn about the games. I rarely get to at though. I have 6 large tackle boxes full of miniatures. I have terrain pieces. I like planning and cutting out printable things related to gaming. I have grandiose plans of an ubergame combining all that I love about the other games.
I obsess over magic the gathering. I go though cards for hours on end building 20-40 decks that are good against each other. My favorite decks are zombie-based.
I go through video game obsession phases where I play a game for a long time. Though I have been out of that for a bit.
I am obsessed with my wife and family.
But above all of these I work.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
04-18-2013, 04:10 AM
(04-16-2013 01:54 AM)Lythaeum Wrote:  I am obsessed with zombies of course. I zombies and Halloween props. I love Halloween. Spooky and macabre. Scarecrows. Especially murderous zombie scarecrows.
I have a Halloween Villiage set up in my basement. The little light up noisy ceramic buildings. Looks great with miniatures in it.
I am obsessed with my Ural motorcycle. I am happiest when i am out riding. I feel complete and alive when i am on that seat. I put my zombie prop in the motorcycle at Halloween. I have always been a reluctant car person. Never cared for maintenance or even cleaning. With the motorcycle I like taking it apart and servicing it. I love it.
I absolutely love collecting games with miniatures. I collect RPGs and board games. I like obsessing over rules. I obsess over stories. I organize and learn about the games. I rarely get to at though. I have 6 large tackle boxes full of miniatures. I have terrain pieces. I like planning and cutting out printable things related to gaming. I have grandiose plans of an ubergame combining all that I love about the other games.
I obsess over magic the gathering. I go though cards for hours on end building 20-40 decks that are good against each other. My favorite decks are zombie-based.
I go through video game obsession phases where I play a game for a long time. Though I have been out of that for a bit.
I am obsessed with my wife and family.
But above all of these I work.

You had me at "macabre." Macabre is one of my favorite words!
04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Hi Stayupuft. You seem to create the most interesting/personal posting of all.

I totally enjoy, in no perticular order;

All things Zombie
Games
Board Games - Power Grid, Carcassonne, Village,...and many more
Horror/Gore movies
Sex
Cooking
Nudity
Outdoor activities - swimming, hiking, just being outdoors
( some others, that will only be shared in person )

If any activity can be combined with another activity. Even better.

If i could only find a guy ( that i dont want to kill ) that is into what im into, we could be happy

P.S. hows your chess game ? i know how to play, regular chess, monster chess, bug house chess, and strip chess.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-18-2013, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 09:06 PM by spiritusXmachina.)
Wow, my dear princess. I have to admit the combination of your obsessions makes me a bit nervous! And how does strip chess work again? Does every player need to wear 15 pieces of clothes?

I have a lot of obsessions among them board games of course. Me and my wife came together playing "Junta" (I don't know if this game was even translated in english)!. She stayed overnight and never left again! that was 14 years ago now! I love playing Settlers of Catan - I know sounds a bit boring - but I think it's one of the best board games ever! I also play Space Hulk, Descent, Dread Fleet and Wings of War. But at the moment LNoE is king!

I love playing Tabletops (Warmaster, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Bolt Action...) and going with that I scratch built a lot of terrain and painted a lot. I also organised a lot of TT tournaments in my time.

I love to read. Tolkien is standard of course but the latest writer I grew being a fan of is Neil Gaiman. And I also like Sergej Lukianenko and the Vampire stories of Anne Rice (although with both writers the movies don't do them justice).

My favourite horror movie is The Sixth Sense. Now it's come out! I know it's not very gory but it has one of the best movie endings I ever saw!
04-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Obsessed is a very strong word, so I'd say there's little, probably nothing that I would class as an obsession but there's quite a few things I like a lot Watchmen02

FFP Games
Other Games
Motor racing, F1 and Touring Cars especially
Slot car racing (when I can afford it)
Music
Ventriloquism
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I have an "easily obsessed" personality you may say. My number one is Baseball...I live and breathe it. My parents are from NY, so I was raised a Yankee fan, but since I lived in Milwaukee most of my life, I'm also a Brewers fan. I could talk about baseball all day every day...and everything about it...from the players, to the strategy, to the economics of it all.

I'm big into game shows and games in general - I'm the kid that always tries to win every single game. I have some relatively high world ranked times in Mario Kart 64. I also used to be a pretty avid bowler and would go almost every day, about a 180-190 average back then; now I'm more around 175 since I'm a bit out of practice.

and of course, as I'm sure with many here, I rather like zombie movies.