Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
07-16-2012, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 12:51 PM by SovTech.)
RE: What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
Good thread!

My screen name is actually from a villain character i made in the MMORPG City of Villains, which were a prototype Soviet Cyborg named IVAN0064. After the fall of the CCCP, he was found and revived by the villanous secret cooperation SovTech, which is a recurring villain group in the different games I play... And who knows? They might be behind the occult experiments in Timber Peak.

My avatar is quite another story. I am (also) a dane, and the frog is a childrens tv character called Kaj. However some years ago the danish tv made a game where Kaj had turned evil. So... Frog... Evil... and a forum for Flying Frog Games, well that was just too obvious!

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, I use the initials of my name here... usually I use the Nickname 'Malkovich' for anything else (I am a huge John Malkovich fan, especially fond of his role in 'Being John Malkovich')...

Currently, no avatar =/
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
well my story goes a long back, when i saw the movie Braveheart, i loved that movie and i loved William's uncle named Argyle, since i did not knew good English and i only heard it i thought it was writen Argail, then i started using it, after sometime it was allready gotten so i decided to make something more difficult to be used, the full name of his uncle was Argyle Wallace(allthough i never changed it even after i learned how it is really written i kept the wrong one Argail) so i cutted half of the surname and made it argailwall, this nick for me comes from 1998.
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Well

j0hnnn stands for john which isn't in fact my name, but a variant from a brazillian name João. But looks a lot better than joão, and since the ~ wouldn't accomplish it's mission since there are a lot of people who can't pronounce it right.

Also get the use of a profile name as john is very hard that's why i use a zero and couple to three "n"

giving this charming and unique look to it... what could be a simply joão or john.

sadly still no avatar...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-16-2012, 01:57 PM
My nickname dates back to Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (1999). I went online to play it in multiplayer after kicking arse in the single player campaign. I had to come up with some nickname which would suit the game atmosphere as well as me as a person. The nick has stuck ever since and apparently it is a good one, as during these 13 years I have seen people use the same nick many times. I have used other nicks as well, mainly "Klavian", but Masterofmayhem has always been my primary call sign if you will.

These days I use it in not only online activities, but also in geocaching.
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi wow, kewl thread Staypuft.

Wow, I play a stupid game, well lots of stupid games. Its called Darkon. google it Watchmen02 darkon.org. Its a LARP, based off of D&D. Its uber great fun, really stupid times, nice people - when we are not killing each other - Anyway, and since you asked, not many people actually know this.

In order to play Darkon you need a role play name. You have to write your own spells, make you own armour/gear/weapons including arrows. They like things to be a period as they can be. ( I also did 1620's re-enactments too)

So i had to come up with a name, a sorta kewl name i liked. My name is not Jacquelyn, its Kristina. I play as a Ranger "bow slinging bitch"
Jacularis is Latin for Jesting
Lynn is Gaelic for a river, flow of water or water falls
Necro and Opolis are both Greek and mean dead and city, respectfully.

So, thats me. I keep the laughter going cause it love to laugh. Im always being silly or just plain stupid, and im ok with it. If you can make me laugh, and I can do the same for you. We can be friends for life.

Now after spending a couple of years in darkon things progressed. I eventually rose to some power and just claimed the name Princess. No, i was never actually Darkon Royalty, which Darkon does have. Hence,

Princess Jacquelyn Von Necroplois was born. I developed the persona over a decade ago, and have been having fun with it ever since. I dont limit "PJ" to just Darkon. I will dress up and go any where and do any thing. "dats da way i rollz"

When joined TZG i just typed PJON. I did not take this board seriously or think much of it. After about a month i was really impressed with the number of people on here. How active they are. How Zombie krazey they are.

I really do appreciate the people here. I know im stupid and stuborn. I know i can be difficutl too. I thank everyone for all their advise and understanding as well.

Thankz for having me at TZG.

ohhh the picture is a picture of me. Duh !!!

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 04:36 PM by alderdust.)
Last name is Alderman....played sports all my life was told i run fast so people called me Dust....then my coach started calling me Alderdust....stuck ever since...and avatar is me and my wife.
07-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow! This thread really took off! That is awesome! I love reading everybody's stories of how they picked their names and avatars.

For the record, some of the other common screen names I use:

- DrPeterVenkman1983

Again, BIG Ghostbusters fan. 1983 was the year I was born.

- RavenEffect

I'm also a big wrestling fan. In my teenage years, Raven became (and still remains to this day) one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. His finisher was the Even Flow DDT, but when he came back to the WWF (now WWE) for a few years, they renamed it the Raven Effect DDT. Hence the name, RavenEffect.

- RavensNest

Again, related to Raven. Back when he first became Raven, and was big in ECW, his lackies (followers) were all known as "Raven's Nest." Later, when he went to WCW, they gave him followers as well and called the "The Flock" or "Raven's Flock," but I always much preferred the original name.

- Kane

Again, a wrestling thing. Almost immediately when Glen Jacobs came back to the then WWF, now WWE, as Kane, the character became one of my favorites as well.

- GhostFaceKiller

I am also a huge fan of the Scream movies, and have become a big fan of Ghost Face. I even have the costume myself and have done some of my random, goofy, stupid skits on YouTube with it. LOL!

These days, though, I tend to lean towards StayPuft, or something close. As a general rule of thumb, though, I try to make my screen name on a message board be something NOT related to the topic of the message board.

In other words, on any Ghostbusters message boards I am on, I use something NOT Ghostbusters related. My personal reason for this is that people obviously already know I am into the topic of the message board, so I like to use my screen name to let them know one of my other obsessions. Not that I have any problem at all with people who do use a screen name from whatever topic the message board happens to be. That is just my own personal preference for my own screen name choices.
07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
My screen name doesn't really mean anything, but my current avatar is an illustration of lizard-man/bounty-hunter Bossk from Star Wars by the talented illustrator Jack Teagle ( http://jackteagle.co.uk/ ) so, yeah -- layers up layers of nerd.
07-18-2012, 10:38 PM
oh joy oh joy!

Emp... well, it is short for Emperor
Yes, the guy from Star Wars. The ultimate evil one Watchmen02

[Image: sideshow_emperor01.jpg]

As a kid (and still...) my favorite toys were Star Wars toys.
Back in the 70's & 80's that is. They are my first ever recollection of finding cool looking action figures (that weren't GI JOE size 12") so I kinda got stuck with them. And I still have many here.

When I first got on the internet my nickname in chatchannels and forums (toycollecting ones mainly) was The_Emp
So eventually it got shortenend to Emp.
And in real life people in the belgian airsoft community also call me Emp but they sometimes just call me E..M..P like Electro Magnetic Pulse.
Wich pisses me off...and they know it hehehe

As for the pic. Well that is my ugly mug and the picture was taken when I unboxed my very own Tarman that Trev sent me.
Sarku ordered me to put it in my avatar...it either was that one or one showing my face of the first time I got a naked girl in my bedroom.
The thread still exists somewhere Watchmen02

Funny explanations of peoples nicknames.
I always thought of PJON to pronounce it like PIGEON. Zombie17

Oh, BeforeTheyAttack, Bossk is a Trandoshan Watchmen02 Insane20

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user