Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What dumb luck...
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
What dumb luck...
Had a good gaming session this weekend...well good for the humans.

We 'randomly' selected both what scenario and who gets which side.

I ended up with the Zombies and we played DIE ZOMBIE DIE.

I was initially excited, as I've only played humans before, but with incredible drawing luck, the humans ended up with 2 pump shotguns, 2 signal flares, and a pistol...All by midgame...PLUS the GUNSHOP was on the board, so they made a beeline there, and just raised all kinds of havoc. The humans didn't draw a single hand to hand weapon on any search, and ended up with tons of ranged weapons.

I tried to get close, but everytime was blasted away.

I thought I had Billy trapped in the gunshop, but he was able to kill TWO zombies blocking the door with that infernal Pump Shotgun.

It was a bit frustrated for me as the zombie, but it still went until only 2 rounds left before he got his 15th kill.

Two questions arose:

Is the 'Signal Flare' considered a gun?

We made the ruling it was, so the humans just kept picking it from the discard pile instead of searching the gunshop.

BUT...if it is NOT considered a gun, would the Priest be able to use it?

Secondly, Billy fired his shotgun into a space with 2 zombies. He rolled seperately to hit for each zombie (killing both). Does he need to do an ammo check TWO Times?

We ruled as not, since the effect of a shotgun is to blast an area, so it was one shot, hitting two zombies, not two single shots....Any other thoughts about that?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
RE: What dumb luck...
The signal flare is definitely NOT a gun! It has its own (also problematic) search building, the Hangar. It does not say anywhere on the card that it is a gun -- so it is not. This also means that Father Joseph and Sallie would be able to use it.

With the shotgun, it's one attack roll for each zombie, then one singe break roll. You are right, that simulates the blast effect.

(Personally, with the number of complaints like this I've seen, I'd like to see the range on the shotgun dropped from 2 to 1.)
09-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Ah! Good to know about the Signal Flare. It's funny as we ruled it a gun for my human player...then several turns later, he said he wanted to use it with Father Joseph. He claimed the words 'GUN' were not on it anywhere. I said, since we had already ruled it a gun (so he could pick it up at the GUNSHOP) no way I would allow Father Joe to wield it. The thought process was right, just in the wrong order! LOL

I like the shotgun just the way it is! It didn't work out for me, but I love the effect!
09-09-2008, 09:54 AM
supervike Wrote:(so he could pick it up at the GUNSHOP) no way I would allow Father Joe to wield it. The thought process was right, just in the wrong order! LOL

I like the shotgun just the way it is! It didn't work out for me, but I love the effect!

i think we shoot for a square and all the zombies in that square get the damage. But i am not shure about that. and the gunstore can you pick up any gun? or just the shotgun?
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, the gunstore allows ANY gun or ammo to be pulled from the discard pile.

I do think you roll seprately for each zombie in the square using the shotgun, but maybe I'm wrong on that.
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I think I remember reading in the FAQ on the Geek the flaregun is not considered a gun so A. Sally can use it. B. You can't pick it up at the gunshop, but you were right in that since in the game you were playing you had already declared it a gun to be consistant.
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
With the Shotgun you roll to kill each zombie individually idneed. but you only roll once for ammo. It is also true that the flaregun does not count as a "gun"item despite the name.

I personally like the shotgun, it can keep zombies from grouping up and gang killing me Watchmen02 lol. Sooo sick with a head cold tonight, hope this makes sense to y'all.

Tom
09-11-2008, 05:02 PM
energizercoony Wrote:. Sooo sick with a head cold tonight, hope this makes sense to y'all.

Tom

Head Cold?

Or zombie infection?

:P
09-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm leaning towards zombie infection...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya