Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beast! For fans of A Touch of Evil
07-01-2023, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2023 04:50 PM by Raynor.)
Beast! For fans of A Touch of Evil
Hey Zombie fam!

I got to demo the game Beast recently at Origins game fair. Beast is a one vs many hidden movement game. I haven’t ever played a hidden movement game I liked, but I’ve also missed the big popular ones like the classic Fury of Dracula. Beast really surprised me however, and it was one of my top three games I got to try at the con.

I’d describe it as a gameplay equivalent of the hunt phase in A Touch of Evil.

The Beast hunts down livestock and terrorizes the countryside, with a goal of killing X number of town elders/mayors of local settlements. The hunters have to slay the beast, using cards to hunt track and attack.

A touch of evil focuses far more on the investigation leading up to the hunt and then the hunt itself is somewhat abstracted.

The similarity in theme however was very notable to me, as aToE is one of my all time favorite games and there is not much out there like it, thematically speaking.

The game has an expansion and reprint coming up on gamefound in a few months, however, it’s currently available at cardhaus and miniature market for a pretty reasonable price.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: Beast! For fans of A Touch of Evil
I followed Beast on KS but in the end just didn't feel it enough to pledge.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-04-2023, 09:28 PM
RE: Beast! For fans of A Touch of Evil
Thanks for the heads up Raynor.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death