Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cthulhu:DMD Comic #2
12-02-2022, 11:45 PM
Cthulhu:DMD Comic #2
GOD! my plastic hasn't had time to cool off.

Looks like we're getting a new comic, with 6 investigators, 1 mystery miniature & 2 new lost episodes!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClrmPRDL9Ul/...mMyMTA2M2Y

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2022, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 03:17 PM by Raynor.)
RE: Cthulhu:DMD Comic #2
:Shock:

AHHH! I haven't even had time to pay for my shipping costs yet!!! It really impresses me how fast you are at checking out here, lmao. Old Dwarf? More like Lightning Reflexes Dwarf!

Two lost episodes though!? That doesn't even give me any wiggle room to pretend like I might not buy this. Geez!

This is actually super exciting. I really, really like the Comic-Board game cross overs, and am very happy CMON is pushing into that territory. Definitely something I want to support. I was into Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels before board games, and it just wasn't something I was able to keep up with. I used to have more books than I owned anything else, but had to slim down to practically nothing over time due to various ill timed emergencies and tiny apartment living situations. I've reversed the trend at this point, but never really rebuilt a collection.

It wouldn't be a huge deal if I knew I wasn't also likely going to be interested in some of the other offerings they're making. It looks like they also announced a Black Plague comic, which sounds really fun. Plus, if they reprint any of the last volumes, I now have Invader and would be hard pressed not to want that. It took me a long time to buy invader because I didn't think it looked great online, but now that it's in my hands, I like it significantly more than modern Zombicide.

I also just sold off all my unwanted games to pay for Oathsworn, since my normal fun-budget was consumed by C:DMD. I don't really have anything else that I'm ok with selling off to pay for this at the moment. I guess I'll have to figure out the financial plan once we have a good idea of what all is being offered.

Definitely hyped for this, even if my responsible side is weeping. Zombie17 haha
12-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Hopefully COMON will hold off until January to put this out. I was very disciplined with the previous Comic KS
& just stayed with C:DMD so the cost wasn't bad,I'll do the same for VOl.2 which my battered plastic will
probably handle by next month.

I'm mainly going for the miniatures (although God knows why I need more Investigators) & lost episodes, so the comic is just a nice aside .
The Fight or Flight book from the Vol 1 KS was OK but I'm not really into Graphic Novels.

Except the ones put out for the Court of the Dead Game world. I have Shadows of the Underworld & the art work & story line
is just amazing. The publisher Sideshow has a couple of more books out which I would like to pick up (alas they don't come
with miniatures so they keep being bumped back on my buying schedule).

OD

12-03-2022, 11:28 PM
yeah. I would probably purchase this one, but yet another 6 investigators is beyond my plastic limit (if something like that exists)
I`m currently painting Darkest Dungeon and just got Aeon Trespass Odyssey with amazing minis...so...yye eyeee. nope
12-04-2022, 01:39 PM
Here's the blurb for the Black Plague comic

"In Zombicide: Black Plague - Road to Hell, legendary wizard Einar thought he could make a deal to cure the plague. But the dark pact pulled him into an abyss.

His half-elf apprentice, Lewyn, along with Freya the thief, Drakka the dwarf, and Otto the paladin, must journey through the world of Black Plague to rescue him. Along the way, they may find his soul is not the only one on trial.

Written by Stefano Vietti with art by Francesco Rizzato, if you pre-order Road to Hell you will also get 15 miniatures of the characters, along with a custom scenario"

OD

12-09-2022, 08:50 PM
WTF...I got the pre-order email & ordered the C:DMD comic for $30 hit place order & shipping came up as $33!!!!.
Just NO WAY I'm passing.

OD

12-11-2022, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2022 12:46 AM by Raynor.)
You can order like 8 sets and pay only like 15 dollars more in shipping. I’m organizing a group buy In my local area. Even with 3 people it reduces cost to like 10-12 a person for shipping.

There isn’t an end date just yet so Im gonna try to wait till after Christmas if possible to place my order. I want 6 of these but will probably have to settle for the DMD, Invader, and Black Plague sets. My wife’s favorite dungeon crawler is massive darkness 2 and the Black Plague set comes with Md2 crossover components so that’s a triple value set for me.

Dust, android, and 2nd edition would be fun too, but don’t think I’ll have that amount ready to go before I have to commit
04-13-2023, 10:59 PM
The Flesh is weak! The Comics preorder period ends tomorrow/4/14/23 & I caved
& ordered the Cthulhu one.

OD

04-14-2023, 01:24 PM
HEY! I think it'll be worth it. Watchmen02 It comes with two full episodes after all.

I only just got around to paying for this last month, and ended going with exactly what I thought I probably would. Now I just need to find a copy of the first Invader comic to read through.
04-14-2023, 02:24 PM
(04-14-2023 01:24 PM)Raynor Wrote:  HEY! I think it'll be worth it. Watchmen02 It comes with two full episodes after all.

I only just got around to paying for this last month, and ended going with exactly what I thought I probably would. Now I just need to find a copy of the first Invader comic to read through.

ebay has one for $84. Zombie12

OD