Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
03-13-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(03-07-2015 01:19 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I'm still looking at Wilderness Empires the French & Indian War Block Game it was a KS but should hit Retail sometime in May (probably will get but I want to see a bit more)
OD

I have this one incoming via KS. Avid Block Gamer here. Have Columbia's Victory in Europe coming soon as well. Great to see some other Blockheads here.

Latest boardgame actually bought is Star Wars Imperial Assault. It's taken the Descent engine, and further improved on it. This will see a lot of table time, and travel time too I think. Bring on the expansions!!

Bought a Living Card Game by FFG... Warhammer 40K Conquest. Only had some mucking around with it so far, but no serious play yet. Seems like it plays well.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015, 08:33 PM
That's funny. I would have sworn I had responded on this at some point. I've been KickStarting a bunch of new games. However, the only one I've actually bought recently was Arcadia Quest.

Sadly, I missed the KickStarter for this one, but I was able to get all of the KickStarter stuff for a pretty good price. Not much more than it would have cost me to get it all on KickStarter in the first place.

One of my gaming buddies brought it in and we all fell in love with it. The miniatures are big (big miniatures, LOL!) so they are awesome to paint!

I kind of think of the game as sort of being similar to a video game like Zelda. The basic idea is each player selects a guild of three heroes. You start with cards (magic powers, weapons, abilitles, etc.) that you assign as you see fit amongst the heroes. You earn gold as you go along during each round, and at the end of a round you can buy better stuff.

You have various quests you are trying to complete. (For example, you may have the goal of killing a specific monster type, you always have the goal to kill the somebody from the others teams, etc). The first player to complete three of the goals wins that particular round, and ends the round for everybody.

It is a lot of fun, especially as you start buying new goodies and leveling up. I highly recommend the game.
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I've been looking at that one, actually. I'm enjoying Fallen, but with the smell of freshly cut grass finally filling the neighbourhood I felt it was time to get another sports game. I got Baseball Highlights 2045. Robots and cyborgs have replaced humans! I'm not a fan of deckbuilders, but I adore baseball...and cyborgs.
03-19-2015, 07:35 PM
(03-13-2015 11:01 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 01:19 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I'm still looking at Wilderness Empires the French & Indian War Block Game it was a KS but should hit Retail sometime in May (probably will get but I want to see a bit more)
OD

I have this one incoming via KS. Avid Block Gamer here. Have Columbia's Victory in Europe coming soon as well. Great to see some other Blockheads here.

Latest boardgame actually bought is Star Wars Imperial Assault. !!

I have a few Block games Liberty, Richard III, Julius Caesar ,
Grant & Lee. I do want to pick up Wilderness Empires.

SWIA- this tempted me so much but I made a lot of big
KS purchases this past year so I passed.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-16-2015, 04:18 AM
I recently purchased Zombicide. There are some annoying aspects of the game but it will fill a need when I can not find anyone to play a board game with me I can take this out to fill a urge.

-Gus
04-16-2015, 06:38 PM
I love Zombicide, as does my group. I think it makes a great compliment to Last Night On Earth as well. They are different in the perfect complimentary ways that I think make them an awesome tag team of games for a theme night.
04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I recently picked up both Shadows of Brimstone Core sets. We've really been enjoying the game so far. I haven't combined the decks at all yet though
04-17-2015, 06:18 PM
I got Arcadia Quest recently. I love the Chibi minis and the PvE and PvP combo theme is nice.
04-29-2015, 12:15 AM
(03-19-2015 07:35 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(03-13-2015 11:01 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
OD

Latest boardgame actually bought is Star Wars Imperial Assault. !!

I have a few Block games Liberty, Richard III, Julius Caesar ,
Grant & Lee. I do want to pick up Wilderness Empires.

SWIA- this tempted me so much but I made a lot of big
KS purchases this past year so I passed.

OD

Yeah, I've a very decent sized collection of block games, including all the ones you mention, OD.

My Victory in Europe (Columbia Games) arrived last week. The map/board is very different. It has an elliptical shape to it. This one is very tough on the attacker.

Wilderness Empires (Worthington) is imminent for delivery. I'm really looking forward to this one and it's been my most anticipated block game for some time. According to Worthington and KS, Trenton 1776 shouldn't be too far behind it either.

So the library is forever getting larger. Lol.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
04-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Latest ones from me are Space Hulk: Death Angel (love it!) and Galaxy Defenders...which I'm still on the fence about. To finance this, I sold my FanG and expansions.