Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
I picked up 'Ancient terrible Things" & its expansion 'Lost Charter"- It's a dice/Card Game although it has a
Game Board. Heavy Pulp themed with a tad bit of Lovecraft. 1-5 players (with expansion otherwise 1-4)
It even has a travel version that doesn't use the Game Board.

Scales regular to difficult & based on number of players & short Game/Long Game options. The dice mechanic
is really cool & presents a lot of choices. The dice themselves are the best I've seen in a Game.

Your exploring an unknown river in SE Asia , the Board gives you 6 locations but the Encounter Cards keep
each game different.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Just scored the latest edition of the Runebound base game. Quite literally... just got it. So it's still in shrink as I head home with it.

Sold my 2nd ed material over the first week in January. I love Runebound for a night of long gaming, social drinks and pizza!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
01-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Just ordered Shadows Over Normandie from CSI it's a WWII/Mythos ,tactical platoon level that looks
like a miniatures game but uses counters. It's basically a stand alone remake of Heroes of Normandie
a straight up US vs Germans.

Shadows is a US vs a mystical Nazi order with Deep One allies, looks fantastic. It has 1 Expansion available
which adds a mad scientists & Zombies and another Cthulhu Cult it was a KS that had several other Expansions
but there not available yet. You can also use the counters from Heroes of Normandie if you want to cut down
the Mythos element.

I'm not sure yet but for me the Expansions sort of dilute the Base Game theme . Hopefully this will scratch
my weird WWI itch that Tannhauser didn't.

OD

PS :FR- I have the old 2nd edition of RB and prefer the Midnight Expansion . I noticed the Game Board Map on the
new edition seemed to leave a lot of locations out that the 2nd edition has which sort of turned me off. How do you
like the new Board?

01-29-2016, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 03:21 AM by ForestRunner.)
(01-28-2016 06:11 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  PS :FR- I have the old 2nd edition of RB and prefer the Midnight Expansion . I noticed the Game Board Map on the
new edition seemed to leave a lot of locations out that the 2nd edition has which sort of turned me off. How do you
like the new Board?

Yeah I didn't mind the old Midnight expansion either. It didn't sell very well in Australia.

So far... even though unplayed, I don't mind what FFG have done to update Runebound. I'm receptive to change as long as it's meaningful/useful... unlike Apple who "update" for the sake of updating and potential break something in the process. Given the update to Descent, in the Terrinoth world, I viewed similar treatment for Runebound inevitable.

I like the board. I like the streamlining to rules and the way they are set out - especially awesome for noobs to the fold. I like some of the minor changes to play. In fact it was downloading the rules and reference pdf's and binding them, that actually pushed me to buy. Having rules available prior to buying a game is key to me.

I look forward to the expansions for this one. I loved all the big box expansions and most of small expansions for 2nd Ed.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
03-16-2016, 09:07 PM
I just ordered Zombicide Black Plague . I didn't bother with the KS as I just thought it
was more of the same old Zombicide but once I realized it was a stand alone Game which
I loved the Dark Ages Theme I could not resist.

Of course now I'll need (yes NEED!) to pick up several of it's expansions when they go retail.
The KS had a ton of exclusive stuff (it's CNoN) which usually would turn me off but for my
purpose aren't really needed.

I love developing Fluff for Games so I've had some fun doing a Midnight (an OoP FFG RPG) theme
for the Game. Even have the Fluff for the Introductory Scenario ready to go (well I'll need the Game
which isn't scheduled to arrive until next week.

OD

03-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Bought Myrmes. An "ant themed" game. This was absolutely necessary in my collection. After 3 games, I am starting to get the mechanics, but it's not one my favourite games, much to my regret. I don't feel much like an ant colony, as some of the elements there could be just something else. Plus their purpose in the game do not necessarily fit ant-colony biology (i.e. objectifs, victory points...). Also interaction with other players is limited, plus with new players it's not funny at all because they will get lost with the too many options. So, I'll not go for this game for a profane group, and I am not sure I'll get asiduous players, since it's not an addictive game like LNOE. I still want to give it an opportunity with a few more games.

Every species of ant has its own species of zombi fungi that it gets infected by.
03-19-2016, 11:46 AM
(03-18-2016 02:36 PM)Reurnal Wrote:  Bought Myrmes. An "ant themed" game. This was absolutely necessary in my collection. After 3 games, I am starting to get the mechanics, but it's not one my favourite games, much to my regret. I don't feel much like an ant colony, as some of the elements there could be just something else. Plus their purpose in the game do not necessarily fit ant-colony biology (i.e. objectifs, victory points...). Also interaction with other players is limited, plus with new players it's not funny at all because they will get lost with the too many options. So, I'll not go for this game for a profane group, and I am not sure I'll get asiduous players, since it's not an addictive game like LNOE. I still want to give it an opportunity with a few more games.

Sounds like the Ant-ithesis of a good game.Zombie17
03-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Gangs all here- as usual somehow be it via KS, preorder or
just an online purchase it all seems to come at once.

Zombicide Black Plauge was delivered a couple of days
ago and today my preorder of Elder Sign 'Omens of Ice"
shows up and I get a Shipping notice from my KS Slaughterville
that the Game will be delivered tomorrow Zombie12 Watchmen02

OD

03-31-2016, 08:29 PM
You have to try Secrets of the Lost Tomb. It's Eldritch, Arkham and Betrayal at House on the Hill all mixed in together.
04-02-2016, 02:50 AM
(03-31-2016 08:29 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  You have to try Secrets of the Lost Tomb. It's Eldritch, Arkham and Betrayal at House on the Hill all mixed in together.

You got my atention, tell us more about Secrtets of the Lost Tomb.