Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
04-02-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
I haven't bought it (and don't plan to) but I encountered this while I was doing my seasonal order yesterday:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/224335
Fast & FHTAGN
Atlas Games
Every player is a hotshot in a Cthulhoid racer. As the pack screams through an ever-changing city with complete disregard for health, safety, and sanity, they visit chop shops to mod their cars, recruit gangs to help with repairs, and throw themselves both into oncoming traffic and onto narrow sidewalks to pass their loathsome opponents. Climb aboard your Cycle of Self-Doubt, open a cannister of Hypnos Oxide, and plant a lucky kiss on your Perverse Bobblehead of Ulthar. If disaster strikes, there's a Welder Thing up ahead. Winners bask in glory. Losers get fed to the Great Old Ones!

They'll make anything...

(What I did buy? Seasonal Magic the Gathering release, and for free shipping, padded with Codenames and the 13th Age RPG GM screen/resource book.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 01:18 AM
(04-02-2016 02:50 AM)August700212 Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 08:29 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  You have to try Secrets of the Lost Tomb. It's Eldritch, Arkham and Betrayal at House on the Hill all mixed in together.

You got my atention, tell us more about Secrtets of the Lost Tomb.

Well, first you have to overlook the typos. I think the designer, Chris Bartalis, did it pretty much all on his own. He could have done with a proof reader. But anyway, the game is scenario-based, although you can replay any of the scenarios over and over. You're pulp adventurers in a three-levelled tomb/dungeon that opens up in the exact same way as Betrayal. Depending on the tile revealed, you may get a scenario advance, a trap, or an adventure (which is identical to EH/AH, read a card and pass or fail, etc). You're trying to find stuff to buff up your characters, who have stats in 5 areas (again, just like EH, even down to the improvement tokens) and find weapons. End of each round monsters spawn - and the game throws pretty much every sort of monster you can think of at you - all getting in the way of whatever you're trying to do.

You'll be rolling tons of dice. Ten is pretty standard, I think the most I've done so far is twenty-two (but, to be fair, that was with Amelia Earhart and a rocket launcher). Games are long, 3 hours or more, and Arkham-level fiddly with all the combat modifiers and stuff. Just my sort of thing.

If it was made by FFP it would be insanely good. As it is, even with the mistakes it has, it's a blast.
Find all posts by this user
04-22-2016, 02:19 AM
I'm looking to buy Secret Hitler, and Dark souls soon.
04-23-2016, 01:08 PM
I just ordered Zombicide Black Plague Wulfsburg Expansion .I was waiting for the release to Retail but I just
noticed MM had it as a New Arrival so I pulled the trigger even though I usually buy from CSI but they still
had it as a pre order (same price).

This Expansion is nearly as much as the Base Game but you do get a lot ,more Survivors/Zombie Wolves/ 4 more
Board Tiles & more Missions. The prices on this are crazy Amazon has it for $80+ MM&CSI have it for @$48.

There are several more $20 & $10 Expansions coming out over the Summer which I'll want to pick up.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Recently bought and been playing "firefly:the board game" + all expansions.
Have really been having a blast with it.
08-14-2016, 08:40 PM
I backed the TMNT kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idw...the-past-b

It seems similar to LNOE: 4 heroes v 1 player controlling the baddies, miniatures, modular board, dice rolling for attacks, cards for special moves etc.

Might be able to have turtles fighting zombies...
08-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Dread.

Amazing. A bit of work to get it started, but it has a lot of tense (and funny) moments. It is truly only as good as the participants.
08-31-2016, 09:44 AM
I bought Zombicide: Rue Morgue just recently and my friends and I enjoyed it. I might get Zombicide: Black Plague soon because of the reviews.
09-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Just got the Shadows of Brimstone Deluxe Expansion: Trederra. As well as a bunch of new Hero and Enemy packs. Eventually I'll get back to painting. We just had a baby girl in July, so I have 0 time for anything else at the moment lol
08-09-2017, 08:21 PM
I've just did my Summer Order preordering Massive Darkness & 3 of its Expansions
( I didn't do the KS) so that will be my next Painting Project. I also preordered
the Eldritch Horror Ruined Cities.

That should hold me for awhile although I may try to score some Massive Darkness
exclusive figs. off ebay.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: