Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
11-13-2014, 09:23 AM
What games have you bought recently?
I've got [redacted] coming in the next few days, and Agents of SMERSH 2nd edition has been ordered for a February delivery. Can't wait!

What new things have you bought? There's always room on my shelf for one or two more...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(11-13-2014 09:23 AM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  I've got [redacted] coming in the next few days, and Agents of SMERSH 2nd edition has been ordered for a February delivery. Can't wait!

What new things have you bought? There's always room on my shelf for one or two more...

FEB- my shelves are about maxed but I got new shelves but
I'm trying to curb my buying. Mostly the new stuff are KS
coming home to roost. SoB Wave 1 which came at the end of
October, District-Z which should be shipped in early December
& Cthulhu Wars probably Late December.

Both SoB & Cthulhu Wars have 2nd Waves that will be
coming probably in the Summer/Fall of next year.

I also plan to get the new Expansions for Elder Sign & Eldritch
Horror. I'm also interested in BattleLore2-2 new troop expansions
& there's a Block Game on the French & Indian War, but I'm
not committing on these yet.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Ah, Eldritch is another on my Xmas list. I decided to wait until there were at least a couple of expansions before buying it because I didn't want the encounter cards getting stale. Also, it felt a bit treacherous to my beloved Arkham Horror. I've got the app for Elder Signs, and love it, although I'm totally stuck on the 6th mission.

For sure I'll be getting Eldritch, FanG, and the two above. I'm also thinking of Tash Kalar, now it's cheap, and Legends of Andor (although that seems to have almost no replay value), as well as an expansion for Mage Knight, even though I totally suck at it.
11-13-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 07:32 PM by zombie67.)
My latest purchases this year have been:

Firefly The Boardgame plus all the expansions. Love the game!

Expansions for Mansions of Madness, FanG.

We have been enjoying Deck Building games and have bought 3 x Lord of the Rings, DC Deck Building and the ones we enjoy the most are The three Star Trek sets.
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 05:11 PM by mqstout.)
I've got a giant pile of unplayed games. That need to be played.

Trains has been my favorite purchase of the last few months, though -- which does get played, because it works well with just two.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2014, 07:29 PM
I had mgstout's problem for so long I backed off the board game as my primary hobby shtick and started playing Magic the Gathering this year. I've really been enjoying it since there's more than a half dozen formats/ways to play so the game doesn't get stale. Before MTG I played Lord of the Rings LCG too, and have just recently caught up on all the expansions for that. (The newest came out yesterday). My more recent "board" game purchases have been my kickstarted Tiny Epic Kingdoms showing up and I picked up Archipelago a few months ago and am looking forward to learning that with my neighbors when we have a nice rainy day coincide with no errands to run. Watchmen02
11-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I just bought Pandemic: The Cure. Its Pandemic with dice and its brutal. We played 3 or 4 times so far and haven't beaten it yet. Good dice version of an amazing franchise.
11-13-2014, 11:20 PM
This Thread got me in the mood-just preordered Eldritch Horror Expansion Mt. of Madness.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-14-2014, 12:02 AM
I just bought Space Hulk 2014 version. I haven't even opened it yet. I'm saving it for when I'm off for a week. Zombie17
11-14-2014, 02:39 PM
That's exciting! Is Eldritch Horror all that fun then? My neighbors have it but I've never been really pulled to trying it out because I've been pretty satisfied with Arkham Horror.