Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
08-10-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
Hit Z Road recently arrived as a birthday present. Excellent components and good 60 minute game. Best with 4 but can be played solo. Slight risk of run-away leader though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 01:50 PM
I managed to order a copy of Near & Far yesterday after I was emailed a restock notice and I barely got in before they were sold out again. Can't wait for it! Above & Below is sooooooooo good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Got "dead of winter" for Father's Day from the kids and yesterday just bought
the "crime and punishment " expansion for firefly the boardgame.
08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Went to Sentry Box (HUGE Game Store in Calgary) and bought a copy of Sheriff of Nottingham yesterday.
11-26-2017, 12:49 PM
I sorta when Game Bonkers over the past 2 months. I got Massive Darkness & some extra goodies off ebay and 4 Expansions
from CSI (which have just shipped).Then Columbia Games had a sale on Victory in Europe a Block Game of the WWII European
Theater.

Now I just ordered Blood Rage & the Gods Expansion ( I probably go for the Mystics & 5th Player Expansions-when My wife calms
down from seeing the Master Card bill).I have a habit of passing on KS then when stuff hits Retail I pick it up & go exclusives
hunting on ebay. Blood Rage had really great figs but I found the Game & it's 3 Ages mechanic not very Norse Mythology friendly.

I was looking for the Viking Clan figs as conversion project for Massive Darkness and then realized that the 3 Ages would match
the 3 Years of the Fimbulveter & rationalized getting the Game.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-27-2017, 08:34 PM
I bought The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31. I love the movie and could not resist.
12-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Slaughterball. It fixed all the problems I had with Bloodbowl. Dreadball and Kaosball had good points but Slaughterball is just a superior product. I highly recommend it if you are looking to fill the "sport theme" gap on your gaming shelf. Erik at Frogthewhatgames is super cool to boot. Check it out.
03-30-2018, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 04:28 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Smog: On her Majesties Service- another COMON KS I passed up . It was 2-4 Players and not
Solo Friendly and the theme of Gathering up various items in a magical Shadow Market to present
Oberon the Fairy King with by Queen Victoria was a tad much to allow me any game immersion.

Recently I noticed that it was selling at below $40(with shipping) and took a second look as
the Game is really beautiful & the mechanics are ingenious . But there was still the Oberon bit (sigh).

Then it hit me the whole Shadow Market thing reminded me of the Nightside from Simon R, Green's
books.( I posted about these books on the Literature Board).I could re-theme the Game keeping
the Victorian Era London (it goes with the art work) but replacing the Oberon/Queen Victoria thing with a
power struggle between the Clubs( the players in the Game).

Everything else just falls into place; the Shadow Market is the Nightside, The Shadow Master is the
Nightside Administration and the starting location the Esplanade becomes Strangefellows- the oldest
bar in the world. The Clubs & Agents are already part of Nightside books.

Other than the Fluff changes the Game plays as is nothing beyond the theme is changed. So I pulled
the trigger and it's scheduled for delivery in about a week.

OD

03-30-2018, 04:28 PM
If you buy Gloomhaven, you won't play anything else. For a long time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-25-2018, 07:37 PM
COMON had another KS set in the same Victorian London as " SMOG-In her Majesties Service"
called "SMOG Rise of the Morloch" that is a dungeon crawl ( Board Tiles/miniatures /Missions).

The Theme really drew me but I hate COMON's KS Exclusives policy and I felt this Game really
needed all the "extra" Miniatures & Campaigns which would not be available in the Retail Version.

I was able to find on ebay a KS Pledge that had all the bells & whistles for a reasonable price
so I picked it up and thereby added around a 100 extra figs to my painting backlog.

OD