Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happens in this situation,Who wins?
09-22-2011, 04:52 PM
What happens in this situation,Who wins?
First off let me make sure I have the rules down for the gas can marker.
So things like the flare,revolver and shotgun you use the the hit number that is listed on the card right. Like the revolver says killed on a 4+ so that would carry over to the gas can correct? Things like the lighter and torch arnt really weapons but it says it could be thrown at the gas can and will hit it on a range of 2 and hit of 3 or better? So if that is all correct,now to kill things in adjacent squares "assuming you hit it" you must re-roll to see if you get a 3 or better to see how big the explosion was and if it killed others in the area? Now if a hero was adjacent he is just killed and not wouned right?
If this is all correct on using the gas can,This is what happened.
It was near the end of the game a gas marker was on the board near the center "we were playing die,zombies die!" 3 hero's already dead,and 12 zombies dead. Around the gas can were 3 zombies that I needed to kill to end the game,So I took the shot ht the can and rerolled to see if I could kill the zombies and it did. But didnt pay attention to where old jake was he was on another adjacent square,and by the rules he would be dead "not to mention he already had 2 out of 3 wounds anyway" But how do you call that,In one move the remaining zombies got killed and the 4th hero went down?
I would assume the hero's lost,seeing how the game is over and 4 hero's died,but the limit of zombies was hit at the same time. I guess technically you would call this a draw,but after a 2 hour game and no winners you want to make a call.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2011, 05:16 PM
RE: What happens in this situation,Who wins?
Heroes win Insane19

The Zombie player needs to Kill 4 Heroes. Suicide, or Hero on Hero, does not count as a kill for the Zombie Player

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't have my scenario cards with me at work, but I think Die zombies die has the zombies winning after two heroes die, doesn't it?

Regardless, you did play the gas marker slightly wrong The first half of the gas rules are correct:
A Gas marker may be ignited as a ranged attack using a ranged weapon (standard roll to hit, as you deduced), or by throwing (discarding) any item with the keyword fire at it using - Range: 2, Hits on 3+

HOWEVER, the rules for the explosion are different:
Any zombies or heroes in the same space die instantly, which you got right, HOWEVER, you do not roll to see how big the explosion was. The explosion is ALWAYS the gas marker space and ALL adjacent spaces. You must roll 1D6 for every zombie or hero in an adjacent space. On a roll of 3+, that particular zombie or hero is killed.

So, technically, you needed to roll 4D6 (one for each zombie and one for Jake) to see if each zombie died and to see if Jake died.

For the sake of expediency, I will usually have each hero player nearby roll for their hero, and I will just roll as many dice as I have zombies at the same time and remove that many dead zombies from the surrounding spaces.
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
A death is a death for the zombie players. thantos is right. Die Zombies Die is only 2 heroes had to die, not 4.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Either way, if both the zombies and heroes accomplish their missions, even if you were playing the scenario wrong, make everyone happy and say both teams win.
09-22-2011, 07:17 PM
(09-22-2011 06:05 PM)Orguss Wrote:  A death is a death for the zombie players. thantos is right. Die Zombies Die is only 2 heroes had to die, not 4.

grrr ? So your saying if a Hero ignites Gas, and it blows up 2 Heroes in the process. They count towards the Zombie total kills ?

09-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Yep. All the zombies care about is corpses. If they're barbecued, well, that just brings out more flavor Watchmen02
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 08:37 PM by Pred.)
Hmm I guess I myself have been playing the Gas marker wrong as well, I usually just roll one dice for everything around it, not individual. (noted)

I also agree that this scenario was a Hero Limit of 2 for the Zombie win. UNLESS you are playing with a full deck (not excluding the ADVANCED CARDS) and/or added ANY special rules like auto spawn or extra Hero cards, then it changes to 4.

So the end result in my opinion by the way you described the game and how you played it, it would've been a DRAW to me.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Die Zombies Die is 2 regardless of how many additional rules are added

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Orguss Wrote:
A death is a death for the zombie players. thantos is right. Die Zombies Die is only 2 heroes had to die, not 4.

grrr ? So your saying if a Hero ignites Gas, and it blows up 2 Heroes in the process. They count towards the Zombie total kills ?

(09-22-2011 07:40 PM)thanatos Wrote:  Yep. All the zombies care about is corpses. If they're barbecued, well, that just brings out more flavor Watchmen02

huh...wow, i have never played like that. Its in the rules like that ? ( i will have to re-read it tonight) really ? wow ! I guess a Zombie meal is still a Zombie meal, no matter who brought it to the party,