Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What have I done? (Mansions of Madness 2nd E. All-In)
12-14-2021, 05:36 AM
RE: What have I done? (Mansions of Madness 2nd E. All-In)
I love Mansions of Madness 2nd ed with its use of the interactive app. I wish that the Frogs had the wherewithal to do something similar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2021, 10:39 AM
(12-14-2021 05:36 AM)fenianb Wrote:  I love Mansions of Madness 2nd ed with its use of the interactive app. I wish that the Frogs had the wherewithal to do something similar.

Not usually a fan because I like to get away from electronics when I play my board games but it certainly does things that can't be accomplished otherwise and is incredibly impressive in MoM 2Es case.
06-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Didn’t end up sticking with this one. While there aren’t any outright deal breakers, there were just enough rough edges that I’d rather play most of the other Arkham Files games instead.

Most of the minis aren’t the best quality. Not a big deal but not ideal.
It takes up a lot of space
None of the tiles are labeled, which makes setting up with more than a handful a real chore.
The app is a two edged sword. I don’t own an iPad and playing on a phone is far from ideal for more than solo and I don’t want to buy an ipad just for this game.
Furthermore, normally a game will have some clear count down system that is managed by the players and that’s all obscured and managed by the app here. While that’s nice in theory, I had way too many games end in an anticlimactic “you are out of time and lose” that just pulled the rug out from under a fun game session

Even with all this I think I’d push through for the good parts if I didn’t also have ah2, ah3, eldritch horror, and ah lcg I’d rather play between my collection and my friends.

Reminds me a lot of my issues with Shadows of Brimstone, but there aren’t any real alternatives to Shadows so I put up with it. I have a lot of Alternatives for mansions.
06-22-2022, 07:45 PM
OK this makes me feel good as now I know it just isn't me just being OLD. I hate apps.
I have MoM 1which I enjoy without any electronic device mucking it up.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: