Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
11-03-2012, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 12:24 AM by wisdomknight.)
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
I know there are rules out there I was just wondering if anyone recommends one over the others?

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 03:53 AM
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
Are you asking which is better, the Solo or Full Co-Op? Honestly, they both play very similar, since Solo is pretty much Co-Op w/ some additional tweaks to make it work Solo. Will PM w/ with a few more details.

IMO, they both work great. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 05:02 AM
(11-04-2012 03:53 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Are you asking which is better, the Solo or Full Co-Op? Honestly, they both play very similar, since Solo is pretty much Co-Op w/ some additional tweaks to make it work Solo. Will PM w/ with a few more details.

IMO, they both work great. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

I just meant full coop or solo without the use of a Zombie player just a zombie AI mechanic like in Zombicide for instance.
11-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Did someone write pre-determined LNOE AI rules?
11-04-2012, 05:35 AM
(11-04-2012 05:26 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Did someone write pre-determined LNOE AI rules?

Nothing official to my knowledge...
11-04-2012, 05:46 AM
I just meant homemade rules.
If anyone plays any certain way without a zombie player.

NM I found some stuff.
Might fool around with some and make my own up.
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I think there is a simples way friend...

Name a player... this player will play the zombie player ruthlessly... but also will have a Hero Character...

If the zombies win... everyone loses...

I think truly AI rules is complex because the amount of particular effects the zombie cards can unleash...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
11-04-2012, 08:19 PM
(11-04-2012 07:21 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  I think there is a simples way friend...

Name a player... this player will play the zombie player ruthlessly... but also will have a Hero Character...

If the zombies win... everyone loses...

I think truly AI rules is complex because the amount of particular effects the zombie cards can unleash...

Thank John...that definitely makes things simpler Watchmen02
And everyone can still play a hero.

Thanks for your input man!
11-05-2012, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 04:01 AM by LabRat.)
After I played ATOE, I started having ideas about solo play for LNOE and IFOS. I liked how the villains in ATOE would be able to do something every turn. The problem with translating this into LNOE is that the Zombie events are either Fight events which need a player's decision on whether it should be used or not, Normal events which can be played at any time, and Conditional events like Locked Door and Bickering which can only be played when certain conditions are met.

Fight events and Conditional events, for a supposedly AI-controlled Zombie horde, are tricky. Like I mentioned earlier, players can decide when to use the Fight events and that goes against the AI concept. Meanwhile, Conditional events, when known to the Heroes, make the Heroes want to avoid the conditions. What are you going to do when the Zombie hand is filled with Conditional and Fight events and the Heroes avoid fights and those conditions altogether? Players decide which cards get discarded?
Here are my recommendations to fix that, and this is likely the first draft of the Solo/full co-op rules that I'm creating:

ZOMBIE AI RULES
Dot rules: Zombies Autospawn, Zombie Horde (21) <optional?>

Zombie Movement:
• Zombie hunger now has a range of 3 squares.
o If there are multiple Heroes within the range of Zombie hunger, Zombies go after Heroes in this priority:
 Heroes carrying Scenario Items
 Heroes in buildings
 Heroes closer to the Town Center
 Heroes with less Health
o If there are no Heroes within the range of Zombie hunger, Zombies move 1 square toward the Town Center

The Zombie Deck
• Separate the Zombie Deck into 3 different piles: (1) The Fight cards, (2) the Conditional events, and (3) the Normal events.
• During the start of the game, instead of drawing new Zombie cards, players do the following to simulate the actions of a Zombie player:
o Draw 3 cards from the Conditional events pile and place them face up on the table. These 3 cards will immediately come into play when the conditions described on the card happen. If there are 2 of the same Conditional events, discard one and draw another as a replacement.
o Note: This would make it harder for the Heroes to avoid since they now have to avoid up to 3 situations – unlike the normal rules, if they know a Locked Door is in the Zombie “hand”, it’s easier to try and avoid that one condition for as long as possible, locking the Zombie “hand” and preventing other more useful cards to come into play.
o Draw 1 card from the Normal events pile and put that into play. This is considered to be the Zombie horde’s Action for the turn (kind of like an ATOE Mystery card).
o For each Fight, the players must draw one Fight card from the Fight card pile and put that into play.
o If any Event piles run out, just shuffle their respective discard piles back.

Again, this is just a first draft which is still untested. Anyone want to try this out? Zombie17

Sorry, I wrote that on MS Word and the indents don't seem to work on message board posts :/
11-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Sounds pretty solid. I'll probably give this a go as a 1P game. Although, I have to raise the concern of Zombie movement. It seems highly possible for heroes to end the game if they manage to trick all the Zombies into the middle. Once that issue is fixed, I think the Zombie deck mechanics will make it quite nice.