Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
(11-09-2012 02:58 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 02:45 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Would increasing the Zombie Move be too dangerous for the Heroes? I'm wondering if it could be used to give the game more difficulty, while not making it impossible to win.

Also, how does the game work for some scenarios such as the mansion? Is it Zombie Hunger + Global House Hunger?

Instead of increasing zombie move I would increase the amount of zombies on board at one time. It would be more like a Romero movie....very slow huge hordes. Thats what im going to test this weekend.
21, 28, or 35?

Also, the question for Scenarios where Zombies lose upon Sunset still stands with regards to giving them a drive to win besides eating brains.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 03:33 AM
(11-09-2012 03:20 AM)Bokya Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 02:58 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 02:45 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Would increasing the Zombie Move be too dangerous for the Heroes? I'm wondering if it could be used to give the game more difficulty, while not making it impossible to win.

Also, how does the game work for some scenarios such as the mansion? Is it Zombie Hunger + Global House Hunger?

Instead of increasing zombie move I would increase the amount of zombies on board at one time. It would be more like a Romero movie....very slow huge hordes. Thats what im going to test this weekend.
21, 28, or 35?

Also, the question for Scenarios where Zombies lose upon Sunset still stands with regards to giving them a drive to win besides eating brains.

Good question.
Maybe LabRat has some suggestions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I'll go with my gut and say Global 'Objective Hunger', but it's overpowered by 'Brain Hunger'. I'll give this a test when my TP arrives tomorrow.
11-09-2012, 05:17 AM
(11-09-2012 03:51 AM)Bokya Wrote:  I'll go with my gut and say Global 'Objective Hunger', but it's overpowered by 'Brain Hunger'. I'll give this a test when my TP arrives tomorrow.

cool, looking forward to your results
11-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd say objective hunger first for defend the manor. Thematically, (as explained elsewhere by jason c. hill), zombies are compelled to go to the manor because a lot of the defenseless townsfolk are hidden in the manor's basement. So more brains would be more attractive unless there's a brain immediately within reach.
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah any type of "tower defense" type of scenario would always be just that.
So the two modes would be "random dice movement" or "tower attack movement".
One of those two should work in any scenario.

Thanks Labrat!
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi, There is already a AI for a Zombie player, for LNOE. I can not access it right now. I can only get on BGG during lunch time.

Google or search on board game geek for the AI rules. It explains every thing. Use of cards, direction for movement, everything.

It actually works pretty well. I have a printed version at home. If no one can find i will try to remember to bring it in and scan paste it.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 08:02 PM by LabRat.)
Yeah, I've seen that before and I didn't like how the Zombie cards were being used. It didn't feel like AI to me because the human players still have to decide when "the worst possible time is". I tried it out once with Invasion From Outer Space and found myself spending too much time deciding when to use Martian cards and when to save them for a different "worst possible time". Mind you, IFOS is much more difficult to automate because of that damned Command Phase.

I wanted a feel that's closer to the ATOE system, hence my recommendation of separating the Zombie cards into different decks that worked differently from each other. But to each his own of course, that list at least is complete while what we've been working on here is still a work in progress (and largely untested). I fear that the AI mechanics being discussed in this thread would be really different from how a Zombie player would play.
11-10-2012, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 01:48 AM by wisdomknight.)
Ok I was going to play test this but I just couldnt figure out which event cards where "conditional" and which where "normal".
(11-09-2012 04:12 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, There is already a AI for a Zombie player, for LNOE. I can not access it right now. I can only get on BGG during lunch time.

Google or search on board game geek for the AI rules. It explains every thing. Use of cards, direction for movement, everything.

It actually works pretty well. I have a printed version at home. If no one can find i will try to remember to bring it in and scan paste it.

Yeah I originally asked which of the several were the best.
But no one knew it seemed.
So the thread suddenly developed into making our own Watchmen02
11-10-2012, 03:15 AM
(11-10-2012 01:46 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  Ok I was going to play test this but I just couldnt figure out which event cards where "conditional" and which where "normal".

Conditional Zombie Event cards are those that wait for conditions to be met before they can be played. Good examples are I Feel Kinda Strange (can be played once a Hero is wounded), Loss of Faith (can be played when Faith is played or when a Break test roll is successful), and Locked Door (can be played when a Hero is about to go through a door). If you can't play it without waiting for a certain condition, it's Conditional.

Normal Zombie Event cards are those that you can play without waiting for specific triggers. I can't say play at any time because a lot of these events can be played either at the start of the Zombie turn or the end of it. Good examples are all of the Zombie Play Immediately cards, Relentless Assault, and Shamble.