Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: If you could only watch one zombie movie for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Return of the Living Dead (1985)
Brain Dead/Dead Alive (1992)
28 Days Later (2002)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Fido (2006)
Dead Snow (2009)
Zombieland (2009)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best zombie film of all time?
04-27-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: What is the best zombie film of all time?
My mistake, I missed the part about write-ins.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 05:16 AM
What is the best zombie film of all time?
Night of the Living Dead... Hands down the best. I first saw it as a young kid on USA. It was the late night movie show with Billy Bob or something (it was opposite Rhonda Shears: Up all Night I think). Now I had watched all the top horror gore flicks of the time, had my subscription to Fangoria, scary movies were fun for me, never had problems with being scared or nightmares. I know it's not gory and its basically special effect retarded, but it scared me to the core. I slept in my moms room for roughly a month after and had bad nightmares about zombies chasing me and catching me, teachers, friends, and worst of all my parents... The only horror flick to spark that much emotion from me EVER..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I went original Dawn of the Dead, as it, to me, strikes the best balance between social commentary and horror entertainment.
05-03-2013, 05:24 AM
I really enjoy the Shaun of the Dead but I have a soft spot for the cheesy goodness of planet terror and night of the creeps.
11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Shaun of the dead has my vote and it looks like it was enough to tie it for 1st place.
11-20-2013, 07:03 AM
(11-11-2013 09:26 PM)ch82 Wrote:  Shaun of the dead has my vote and it looks like it was enough to tie it for 1st place.

Thanks for your vote, ch82! I was going to bump this poll back up because of all the recent new members but you did it for me.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
11-26-2014, 10:30 AM
It's been a year this little poll has been buried so I am digging it up from its shallow grave...

11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Glad you did GC.

I just voted for a Dawn of the Dead (1978).

I am probably well into triple figures on the number of times I have seen it, since the first time back in the early days of UK VHS release.

I have even had the pleasure of watching the original trilogy and the premiere of Land of the Dead back to back in the presence of a George A Romero and a Gregg Nicotero.
01-10-2015, 10:40 PM
I do like the Dawn of the Dead movies (both the original and the remake) but ultimately I voted for Shawn of the Dead. That was the movie that got me into zombies in the first place.

Zalgo....he comes.
02-03-2015, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 06:11 AM by goodcop2000.)
(11-26-2014 01:30 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  Glad you did GC.

I just voted for a Dawn of the Dead (1978).

I am probably well into triple figures on the number of times I have seen it, since the first time back in the early days of UK VHS release.

I have even had the pleasure of watching the original trilogy and the premiere of Land of the Dead back to back in the presence of a George A Romero and a Gregg Nicotero.

Impressive dedication, zombie67! I meant to ask when you first posted this what type of event that was you attended with Romero and Nicotero.

(01-10-2015 10:40 PM)supervike Wrote:  I do like the Dawn of the Dead movies (both the original and the remake) but ultimately I voted for Shawn of the Dead. That was the movie that got me into zombies in the first place.

All great ones, supervike. What's funny to me is that your avatar (Bub) stares at the post like "What? No love for Day of the Dead?"