Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your tough guy catch-phrase?
07-21-2012, 03:01 PM
What's your tough guy catch-phrase?
When we start up LNoE, we usually introduce each Hero using the quote on the character sheet. Also, the quote sometimes fit during play but when it doesn't everyone seems to have their own tough guy catch-phrase...

The moon hung low in the nightsky, emitting a crimson pale light upon the facade of the gas station. Father Joseph and Billy moved cautiosly past the lever-handled gas pump casting eerie shadows on the concrete floor as they neared the front door. A half-curled plastic "open" sign could be seen hanging on the inside through the dusty glass.

As they reached the door father Joseph slowly placed his left hand on the door handle and gently pressed down. With his right hand he lifted the baseball bat, ready to take a swing at any zombie within range. Billy clicked the safety off the shotgun and lifted it to his shoulder. "Be careful, Father" he said in a low voice.
"Faith is stronger than zombies, my son" the old man replied.
"What?" Billy lowered the gun. "You can't talk to people like that! You gotta show some attitude, man!"
Suddenly a dark shadow appeared in the window, violently lashing towards the Father's throat sending splinters of glass through the air. With sharp reflexes the old man repeatedly swung the baseball bat at his assailant.

Shocked, Billy looked at the zombie now lying in front of the blood smeared door, broken glass everywhere, its skull split open. Then he looked at Father Joseph. "You allright?" he asked.
The old man smiled back at him. "Hail to the king, baby!"

My favorites include "Say hello to my little friend!" when armed with the shotgun, or "Let's put a smile on that face" if my Hero's holding the Meat Cleaver.

What about you guys? Do you have a catch-phrase for going zombie hunting?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 02:47 AM
RE: What's your tough guy catch-phrase?
I picture my heroes using the old Duke Nukem phrase "Come get some!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2012, 07:09 AM
(07-22-2012 02:47 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  I picture my heroes using the old Duke Nukem phrase "Come get some!

A jolly good one that is. I know the Heroes have alot on their troubled minds and although the days of drums, horns, bagpipes and banners are long gone some situations just require som extra encouragement.

07-23-2012, 08:27 PM
You know, I actually never thought of it before. LOL! But, may I suggest two I particularly enjoy...

"SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!"

Or Athur's extremely bad @$$, manly, tough as nails battle cry:

"Not in the face!!!"

LOL!
07-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Oh man, I love the Tick! I still have lots of the old toys still in their packages at home. I have a big talking Tick that yells SPOON! every now and then.

I usually tend to say "Come Get Some" too, but I imagine Ash from Evil Dead saying it. Nukem inherited lots of catchphrases from him. Although this isn't my fav Ash phrase, it seems the most appropriate when playing LNOE.
07-24-2012, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 06:05 AM by avalanche5160.)
Before rushing into a hoard of zombies with a chainsaw I like to say "Leroy Jenkins!!!!!!"
07-24-2012, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 08:15 AM by scarydk.)
Epic quotes, guys.

Tonight my wife and I played a re-match of the scenario Supply Run. The most memorable quote of the game was "Screw you, Rachel, I'm outta here" let out by a frustrated Sheriff Anderson. It nearly couldn't have been more inappropriate, but the poor Sheriff was down on his last health box and suffered from bad movement. As the crawling torso neared, Rachel joined the sheriff for protection. In the turn that followed, Rachel rolled a 1 for movement and lost her revolver, whereas Anderson got a 5. It simply was too much for the sheriff (or my wife) to handle.

The zombies lost but the Heroes lost a group member and their minds that night. Insane20

07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Leonidas in Woodinvale

Leonidas: "You bring the brains of conquered townsfolk to my Town Centre. You threaten my people with slavering and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Zombie. Perhaps you should have done the same!"
Mindless Zombie: "Gurrrruhhhh"
King Leonidas: "Gurrrrrrrrr?"
[shouting]
King Leonidas: "This is Woodinvale! "
[Kicks the Zombie down the Town Centre well]
07-24-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012 07:19 PM by StayPuft.)
(07-24-2012 01:20 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Oh man, I love the Tick! I still have lots of the old toys still in their packages at home. I have a big talking Tick that yells SPOON! every now and then.

I usually tend to say "Come Get Some" too, but I imagine Ash from Evil Dead saying it. Nukem inherited lots of catchphrases from him. Although this isn't my fav Ash phrase, it seems the most appropriate when playing LNOE.

"Groovy!"

LOL!

And yes, the Tick rocks! Did you ever see the live action version? Personally, I LOVED it. I was so annoyed that it never got a fair chance. Fox really blows sometimes. I mean, not like I would expect it to become the next Seinfeld, but it was funny enough to at least last a few full seasons.
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
"This here is my BOOMstick!"
Right after you clear a space with a shotgun.

But you guys are definately on the right track with Ash and the Duke:

"Its time to kick ass and chew gum, and Im all out of gum..."
Any time, but especially when you fnd a chainsaw...

Watchmen02

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]