Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What should be on the new boards AKA how can we get D153453D to make some new ones
08-09-2011, 04:33 PM
What should be on the new boards AKA how can we get D153453D to make some new ones
Just kidding D153453D I am still full of respect for your great designs!!

I would like to see a complete boardset of a supermarket. I have the feeling that is the place to have a Zombie meeting. Just imagine the shelves of products, a back alley, the white floors with red stains etc.

What are your ideas?

Well, I am off to the seven-eleven Zombie03
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: What should be on the new boards AKA how can we get D153453D to make some new ones
If enough of you zombie heads all decide on one then I'll illustrate it for you guys. I still have everything set up from the last time.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
CONTEST!!!: D153453D is willing to design new templates for most named theme!!!
(08-09-2011 09:03 PM)D153453D Wrote:  If enough of you zombie heads all decide on one then I'll illustrate it for you guys. I still have everything set up from the last time.
GREAT D153453D, you are fantastic ... that feels like a contest is comming up!!! I just changed the topictitle in to a contest. Let's choose a theme for the templates, evryone!
I already had my pick: Supermarket
08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
RE: What should be on the new boards AKA how can we get D153453D to make some new ones
Supermarket (Dawn of the Dead style) would be all win. But I would like to see a Zombie masters lair. Eg. Secret Lab or Undergroud Crypt.
08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I second a secret lab, there's a whole host of new scenario ideas that could go along with that... Find a vaccine(simple search scenario,) lock down the labs(Heroes run around locking labs the spawning pits are in,) initiate self destruct protocol(visit various labs then escape before count down finishes -- even better if heroes are forced to split up and both hit the self destruct triggers in separate rooms on the same turn,) rescue the scientists and so forth.

Beyond that a small military base or prison theme might be cool.

Should you wish to get to know me better I suggest you read my bio as it is absolutely true.
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
(08-11-2011 12:07 AM)Esturk Wrote:  I second a secret lab, there's a whole host of new scenario ideas that could go along with that... Find a vaccine(simple search scenario,) lock down the labs(Heroes run around locking labs the spawning pits are in,) initiate self destruct protocol(visit various labs then escape before count down finishes -- even better if heroes are forced to split up and both hit the self destruct triggers in separate rooms on the same turn,) rescue the scientists and so forth.

Beyond that a small military base or prison theme might be cool.

I propose combining the military base with a secret lab, you know secret government lab creates zombie virus and we all is screwed.

I also have to second the prison theme, maybe you can lock up zombies in the cells and give victor a home.
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 07:37 PM by Esturk.)
Okay, so I continued to think about things at work and i've thought out some good ideas for location of a lab setting as well as additional rules.

I realize i'm jumping the gun a bit here, but I got inspired and wanted to share.

Firstly I visualize the lab as being clean and white, as one usually might. I think of it as being high-tech but not ultra-futuristic streamlined high-tech. I like that gritty sensation that LNOE has to begin with, so I feel disarray is a lot easier to pull off artistically if everything doesn't look space-age.

One thing that would be really cool to pull off, if you could, would be to have colored lines leading from the entrance area(discussed later) to various rooms on the board(like you see at hospitals.) I just can't fathom a way to do it without having them begin abruptly unless each side of the center piece has a generic-colored(black) marker that they lead to... but that would require that the center piece have at least 4 hallways that connect to each other. Mostly it's a matter of doing it so no matter where tiles are placed the lines are properly oriented. This idea would largely make tile orientation in the design phase a hassle, so might just have to forget this one.

As for a ruling with the lab, all walls would be considered completely solid, i'd imagine... so zombies wouldn't be able to move through walls, but that would severely handicap zombie players. As such I thought that when ever there's a hero in a specific room(Server Room) zombies may only move through doorways as usual.

On the same note, Heroes probably wouldn't be able to shoot through walls, as such I'd suggest having 'observation' windows scattered around rooms and a ruling that heroes may only fire through a wall while in a space adjacent to a window(adjacent in any direction, to clarify.) That should offset the Hero advantage with the ability to 'lock down' walls.

I'd also like to mention that, as a matter of taste, i'd prefer if we avoided cliche corporations for logos that might be found around the lab, such as Umbrella.

Locations
  • Cryogenics - General cold storage for infected 'test subjects.' Lots of space-age tube-like beds frosted over with humanoid forms barely visible beneath the frost. Maybe have tanks of chemicals hooked up to the 'head' of the cryogenic beds. A Fire extinguisher should be present on the wall, as well as various banks of computer controls. Pick Up: Fire Extinguisher
  • Morgue - General storage for deceased and failed subjects, general morgue atmosphere with lockers lining the sides maybe a gurney or two with sheets draped over the bodies on them.
  • Autopsy Room - Two bloodied autopsy tables with various trays of medical instruments strewn about. For comical effect you could toss an autopsied martian from IFOS.
  • Incinerator - Mostly empty room with a few bags of biological material waiting to be incinerated with the primary focus a medical waste incinerator. I'll attach a good reference picture I found at the end.
  • Hazardous Materials Storage - A room chock full of barrels with various warning symbols on them(Biohazard, Radioactive, Explosive, Corrosive, etc.) Any hero who starts their turn in the Hazardous Materials must take a wound.
  • Solid Hazmat Storage - A secondary section attached to the far side of Hazardous Material storage would contain solid hazardous materials which would be placed on racks. The solid area should have a wall dividing it from the barreled section, forcing the players to traverse HMS to be able to get to SHS. Pick Up: Dynamite
  • Server Room/Communications - Computer banks and server racks, this room would play an integral part in several of the missions, as well as the possibility of giving heroes a specific advantage: If a hero chooses to neither move nor search zombies may not move through walls this turn(excluding doors)
  • Viral Research Lab - Lab tables with bunson burners, beakers, vials, microscopes, a computer or two and various bits of scientific machinery and doodads. Additional features might include an eye-wash station and first aid box on the walls. It should be placed adjacent to the Testing lab with a long window dividing the two. Pick Up: Any First Aid card
  • Testing Lab - The only entrance or exit to the Testing Lab is through the Viral Research lab. A nice addition would be a two-tile 'corridor' connecting the two containing hazmat suits and maybe the rig for a chemical shower. The Testing Lab itself would contain a computer and various scientific bits of equipment as well as a table or chair with straps. Heroes in this room may choose not to search or move to discard the effects of 'Bitten' or 'I Feel Kinda Strange' from that Hero.
  • Administrator's Office - The head honcho's office. It should be posh, decorated with a small couch, a nice-looking desk and chair. Various awards of his achievements strewn on shelves that line the walls, maybe a few of them scattered on the ground with various bits of other debris such as documents. I also imagine he'd have a mini bar, but maybe that's just me. This room should contain his computer as well, it will also act as an important scenario objective room. Pick Up: Ammo
  • Lounge/Cafeteria - This area might contain couch and TV, various magazine racks, a few small square tables with a chair on each side, some of the chairs turned over and various plates of food left sitting or strewn about. Depending on how you choose to do the board layout, if you want to do the center with 9 big squares the cafeteria option would be best as it represents a lot of empty room which would afford quick movement. If not, a small lounge would work well, I think.
  • Lavatories - Men's and Women's, maybe give each about 2 or 3 squares of space with only one entrance each. Don't imagine there's much I can say about this other than the fact the women's lavatory doesn't have urinals.
  • Rest Quarters - A room with a bunk bed or two and some lockers for the research and security staff. A bench across from the lockers would seem appropriate. maybe have a locker or two open showing it's contents spilled on the floor.
  • Security Office - A contained office with a call box, phone, desk and armaments locker. Maybe an ash tray on the desk along with some paperwork. A pair of handcuffs lain to the side next to a mug of coffee. Perhaps a few chairs sitting against one of the walls, the kind with metal arms that security could leave people handcuffed to. Pick Up: Revolver
  • Entrance - The main entrance to the complex. Assuming you go with a 6x6 spaced center board it could maybe be an elevator shaft in the center board space exiting outward. Perhaps if you have the space left over make it exit to a larger 'welcome' area with a receptionist desk, phone off the hook, papers strewn about. Maybe have a few potted plants, one toppled over. A smart looking art-deco couch of some sort or a leather sofa in the waiting area, a coffee table with magazine strewn about it. The logo of the Laboratory's parent company etched into the tiled floor.

That's really all I have steam for at the moment, i've got some fleshed out versions of the scenarios I mentioned in my above post floating around in my head but i'll wait on those. Criticisms, Additions, and the like are all welcome.

Also: Incinerator
[Image: 363295893_889.jpg]

Should you wish to get to know me better I suggest you read my bio as it is absolutely true.
08-11-2011, 10:16 PM
(08-11-2011 07:25 PM)Esturk Wrote:  Okay, so I continued to think about things at work and i've thought out

Based on the length of your post I can only hope your work hasn't something to do with direct resposibility for humans...
08-12-2011, 12:55 AM
(08-11-2011 10:16 PM)Onemangang Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 07:25 PM)Esturk Wrote:  Okay, so I continued to think about things at work and i've thought out

Based on the length of your post I can only hope your work hasn't something to do with direct resposibility for humans...

I pack out freight for the home depot.

08-16-2011, 06:03 PM
All about a hospital. It's big enough to justify a full 4 l-shapes + entrance.

Same thing for mall.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.