Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do if...
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
What to do if...
I posted this on the Geek but thought I would put it here too.

Most people, through no fault of their own, have little to no idea what to do in the event of a zombie upheaval. A lot of it has to do with good old common sense. In this unfortunate circumstance, however, it is very important to keep a level head, and aim for the head. A lot of what people think they know about zombie extermination is true. You may very well be faster and smarter than the lagging corpse shuffling after you desiring your brains. Don't let that go to your head (or the zombie!). It is in your best interest to stay indoors and stay at the ready. Although a zombie attack seems just as unlikely as nuclear fallout or a dirty bomb attack, it is something that you should be no less prepared for. This includes, but is not limited to, an up to 4 week supply of non perishable foods and water. Remember, canned fruits and vegetables are in most cases fresher than what you would consider fresh at your local grocer. Also, investing in good quality, heavy duty locking mechanisms for your home is always a good idea, even in the "safest" of times. Many people may think that flood or motion lighting is a good solution. In most cases I would agree, but for our purposes, anything that brings attention to your safe zone is something that you may want to disable as soon as possible. That being said, the one thing that people may not want to admit they need during an outbreak is easy to use and sufficient amounts of firepower. Many people will say that they do not believe in or know how to use a personal firearm. Minds will change when it is realized that escape or survival is not easily achieved without the correct implement. They include but are not limited to pump-action shotguns, medium to high caliber handguns, rifles with scopes (bolt-action or semi-auto are preferred, whichever you feel most comfortable or are most adept with), very sharp machetes and/or samurai swords, and the ever important Meat Cleaver. And of course, and possibly the most important, 4 wheels and a full tank of gas, oh and the keys of course. In these times of hybrid vehicles and scooters for around town driving, it is not likey that you will have what it takes to either escape from or take out the walking dead while behind the wheel. In most cases, a heavy, older model car with metal bumpers is the best choice. If this is not possible, you may want to look into something with decent ground clearance, a brush guard, and a gas tank that holds at least 20 gallons. I have not nearly scratched the surface of basic zombie survival. Please look forward to more information in the coming weeks. And, if an outbreak is to occur within that time, please look over the above preparations carefully. I trust that with the right amount of preparedness, you too can avoid becoming a speck in the wandering mass that is the undead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2008, 04:29 PM
RE: What to do if...
Sound advice. And again, I would like to emphasize a pump action shot gun with lots of ammo and the samurai sword for that moment (god forbid) when either ammo runs out, or they've got you surrounded.
Find all posts by this user
07-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Dang!

I'm going to have to rethink my current plans of driving out to the mall, with little gas, no weapons, and frantically looking for people to help me....
07-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I have thought of this many times. I would avoid going to a mall, supermarket, or department store. Although if the world goes to hell then you would need items from said stores then hit the road. I think I would try for the mountains and terrain that would hamper a zombie.
07-24-2008, 06:58 PM
supervike Wrote:Dang!

I'm going to have to rethink my current plans of driving out to the mall, with little gas, no weapons, and frantically looking for people to help me....

Hilarious.

I think I'd run to a Wal-Mart. Drive out any zombies that might be infesting said Wal-Mart. Then kick back, open a cool one and watch a DVD of Mama Mia. Hopefully the zombie outbreak won't happen until it's out on DVD. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Admin Wrote:Then kick back, open a cool one and watch a DVD of Mama Mia. Hopefully the zombie outbreak won't happen until it's out on DVD. Zombie03

If the TV commercials are anything to go by, It shouldn't take long to get to DVD!!! Zombie17Zombie17
07-27-2008, 11:06 PM
As a resident of Pittsburgh, we're well-prepared for the zombie apocalypse Watchmen02
07-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Hitting the road is not a smart move. Simply because everyone will do that and you just get stuck in traffic. And there is a second reason, where will you go? The outbreak might just be global so no cities will be safe. You're best bet is going on foot with a backback full of suplies.

Scoped weapons are fine for longe range attacks. But they are no good in small spaces like houses. Sure you can take out a Zed at 100 meters, but what is the point in wasting your amo on him if there is one scratching at your back door? Zombie03

You're best bet on survival is barricading yourself (and loved ones) in in a place wich is high of the ground. A house on poles would be great but since you don't find many of those around your best shot is a 3 story building with just one staircase going up. You can barricade the staircase and ol' stenchie will have a big problem getting trough.
You biggest problem is food, water and amo so make sure you know the place you are in very good. You need to know where to go to get stuff you need.
Stay away from malls and hospitals...to many people tend to draw to much attention.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm in a second store apartment. One staircase. The people beneath me are arses... The daughter's cute though, so I'd try to save her. The zeds could feed on the mom for about a week or two... I'd be safe for a little while at least.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Admin Wrote:I'm in a second store apartment. One staircase. The people beneath me are arses... The daughter's cute though, so I'd try to save her. The zeds could feed on the mom for about a week or two... I'd be safe for a little while at least.

Zombie17 Kinda like the woman in Slither? Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.