Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do if...
07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
RE: What to do if...
The first thing I'd do is fill the tub with water and get my survival backpack (my dad is super paranoid), which has emergency matches, water purification systems, and a whole bunch of other tools, like a machete. I'd find a crowbar, and break down all of the furniture in the house to make long weapons. Then I'd use the sofas and dump them down the stairs to block the door, and then further block it with chairs and tables.

I do NOT agree with a pump action shotgun. It's cone of ammo goes wide, making multiple body shots easy to achieve, but against the undead, it's all about head shots. Also, you have to remember that at all costs sounds should be limited or eliminated entirely if at all possible. A good sniper rifle with a bayonet attachment is probably one of the best firearms to have. Possibly a military version if you can.

Swords can be a god-send. They can cleave through thick muscles and bone easily, but I've found that a good, authentic katana or tanto are hard to find, unlike the cheap, easily breakable "battle-ready" replicas you see all the time.

Oh, and never forget, organize before they rise!

~Sarah
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Someones been reading a brooks book!
That thing will get you killed.
To choose a firearm one must look at their surroundings. Do you live on a farm with hundreds of acres of nothing in all directions? Rifle is fine for that. I live in a very narrow valley so max range is about 100 yards. A rifle would do me little or no good.
A shot gun however (assuming loaded with the right ammo like 9 ball buckshot) Is the way to go for me or someone in a tight packed urban city environment. And in all actuality the cone of even bird shot isn't all that big. At 30-40 yards its about 2 ft diameter a head is about 1 ft so do the math.

Given all my choices I'd take my M4 and a shotgun and a 1911 pistol. All easy to work on all very reliable all easy to get ammo for. The M4 in the right hands is good out to 300+ yards more than I need and I can make a suppressor for it very easily. I'll take my military issue machete with saw back simply because I don't have a "real" katana and a cheap one will screw you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2008, 12:01 AM
No, but I don't live in a city, I live in the second floor of an apartment in a rural/suburban area with some open space. So if zombies were getting close, I'd be sniping them from the window, far enough away because if I was killing them too close, they'd finally make a mound and be able to crawl up into the window.

Though in ALL honesty, if there was a zombie attack, I'd be a medic/cook/back-up type person.

~Sarah
07-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I'd be Admin.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I'd be fucked because you don't find M4's, shotguns and 1911's here in Belgium that easy. Zombie17
Unless you count my airsoft versions of them but those wouldn't do me any good.
But I agree with Shadow on this one. Except, Sarah has a good point on the pile up thing...

Basicly we can state that when hell is full (Zombie03) we're screwed Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2008 12:20 PM by shadow.)
Oh hey a fellow airsoft player! Not that it'll do you much good but your welcome to check out my airsoft forum. I'm an admin there by the same name and I'm half owner too. Were small and local for now but hey the more the merrier. Plus you'd be the first member from overseas.

So your in Belgium huh well in that case you cant beat the FN Herstal P90/Five seven combo! I could die happy if I had a P90 in my hand!

Now knowing sarah's housing situation I'd still not go rifle simply because there is no need to be shooting at all and drawing attention. Just destroy or block the stairs and kick back and watch the world end. If somehow zombies got up to your level then you could still use the spread of the shotgun. The ammo is also much cheaper at least here in the states and size/weight makes no difference if your staying put.
A medic/cook is a good thing to have as I'm a terrible cook. I can make ramen noodles without burning down the kitchen lol.

Oh and sorry if I came off sounding like an arse I didn't mean to.
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Heck no, I didn't think you were being an arse! You just have to realize that I have a serious zombie-phobia. At all moments I'm thinking to myself what to do if a zombie shambles in to bust me up, looking for long objects to put distance in between myself and said zombie. I've been trying to convince my bf to let me have a weapon under the bed in case, and of course it's always on my mind what to do if he was infected.

Yes, I realize I'm a dork.

Anyway, yeah, I doubt I could hit a zombie with a rifle anyway, even with a scope, because I'd be too scared. But I have a pretty extensive knowledge of field medicine from my lifeguard training and George (admin) can attest to my culinary skills.
08-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Well shadow, if I have to go for FN I would go for the SCAR or the FAL Watchmen02

08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Scar is a great choice. The fal is a bit much for me. I'm 5'7 140lbs I hear they kick pretty hard.
08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
shadow Wrote:Scar is a great choice. The fal is a bit much for me. I'm 5'7 140lbs I hear they kick pretty hard.

Since the realsteels fire 7.62 they do tend to pack a punch yeah Zombie17
I realy like the FAL para version, with the folding stock.
Zoas here on this forum has the FAL-0 version (in airsoft)