Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What we did this Summer?
08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
What we did this Summer?
What we did this Summer?

Well as Labor day (US) the unofficial end of Summer looms before us things at TZG
have quieted down no post now for a couple of days. I understand the Froggers are
occupied trying to get SoB out the door, Sarku is in the bunker getting District-Z to
the printers so not much to talk about.

Thus to try to get some conversation going during these Dog Days I thought reaching
back several decades to my teaching days I would try the old stand by "What I did during
Summer Vacation" (well leaving out the vacation part).I'm sure the TZG-ers did many worthwhile
things better humanity.

Here is my List:

First of all this was my first Summer being retired & it was a little strange after all
those years of getting up for work to suddenly not have to. After 4 months I've only
managed to add about 45 minutes to my get up time. I do have trouble keeping my
days straight & my wardrobe has dwindled down to jeans & T'ees. Oddly enough
it would seem logical that my days should seem longer with all the extra time
free of my work but actually the days go too quickly.

I have kept busy doing stuff around the house that was neglected when my job ate
up a large part of my day. Painting the porches took up the better part of 2 weeks
(Victorian Gingerbread is beautiful but a massive bitch to paint).We also replaced
the front fence so add another 3 days of painting. It hasn't been all work we did
go down to Florida to see my Father.

The plan was to have an estate sale this Fall & then sell this 20+ Room Victorian
Barn which is a tad much for us empty nesters but the mechanics of getting
things ready has proven too much & the housing market is in the toilet now so
for now we are staying put.

Reading-The Fall of the Governor parts I & II

Game wise I actually haven't played much just my FFG Deadwood Game rethemed
to Brimstone before the Fall & the Walking Dead Game-The Best Defense. Mostly
I have been painting up Armies for my home brew Victorian Colonial Game (sort
of steam punk) that has flying Navies based on the Leviathans Game & War-
Age of Imperialism an OoP Eagle Game. The Eagle miniatures are still available & at
dirt cheap prices. So far I done the British & British India Army, France, Italy, Ottoman Empire,
Russia & Spain. I'm just finishing up Japan now.

I've also bonded with Soundguy over District-Z as those 45 days of the Campaign ground
on & on. So it's just waiting for District-Z, SoB & Cthulhu Wars to be delivered &
for EH-expansion Mountains of Madness to hit preorder.

So what's your Summer been like?

OD'

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: What we did this Summer?
Well.. up untill a week ago.. for the last 45 days I've been checking DZ when i got off work at night.. usually midnight, then waking up to read your morning report when i got up. Zombie03

Live in florida.. so I'm doing alot of mowing. still. at least weekly if not every 5 days just so i can get out of the driveway and get to work.

still manage to have a game day 2-3 sundays a month with the group.

lets see. last sunday had breakfast at a bob evans and someone backed into my old farm truck and left a foot long crease in the right front quarter panel. fixed that monday and tuesday.. luckilly i do body work as a hobby for the old tractors i work on.

paint didn't turn out 100% perfect.. but good enough for a 15yr old farm truck. Watchmen02
08-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Whew... it's been a crazy summer. Finalizing District-Z and the Kickstarter before running the Kickstarter... THEN running the Kickstarter... now dealing with the aftermath of the Kickstarter... I will call this the Year of the Kickstarter... I only dream in Kickstarter now... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2014, 03:38 PM
We wish your last one would have went and then you wouldn't have had to do it this year.

If you lived closer to some of your loyal minions.. you could get some more help. Watchmen02

As it stands. we are all eagerly awaiting the good stuff that you will be sending us out!
08-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Well I was disappointed D-Z1 failed but D-Z2 was a superior product & Rubio Games now has a
larger fan base on which to expand.

Lets face it we are awaiting the Full Pine Forest Expansion so Sarku may find next summer rather
crazy as well.

I'm not really that excited about turning another year older in October but being able to play D-Z
should keep the Quality of Life thing positive.

OD

08-28-2014, 06:48 PM
the full pine forrest expansion.. is there where Hope's sisters are the camp counselors or life guards?
08-29-2014, 04:41 AM
Two trips to Las Vegas + Camping in Yellowstone+ Fantasy Convention+ paid off my car + camping at the lake + lots of new board games and video games + summer concerts + drinking too much too often = great summer.
08-29-2014, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2014 12:01 PM by Old Dwarf.)
(08-28-2014 06:48 PM)soundguy Wrote:  the full pine forrest expansion.. is there where Hope's sisters are the camp counselors or life guards?

Your breaking my heart! Faith & Charity are at Sarku's mercy
& I don't think he understands what they could add to D-Z3

Charity has taken a life guard job to take a break from
stripping & Faith the Masseuse Therapist is the camps
medical assistant.

I was also was thinking perhaps as a Stretch Goal or high
Level Add On Sarku could make the Summer Camp a Nudist
colony.

OD

(08-29-2014 04:41 AM)Slurpee Shoes Wrote:  Two trips to Las Vegas + Camping in Yellowstone+ Fantasy Convention+ paid off my car + camping at the lake + lots of new board games and video games + summer concerts + drinking too much too often = great summer.

I think you win! Damn I haven't a Summer close to that
since Lyndon Johnson was President (well no Vid or Fantasy
Conventions available but the 2 sisters from Raleigh made
up for it Watchmen02

OD

08-29-2014, 02:06 PM
I've been kept busy with the second young Samurai to enter our clan. His war cry would wake the dead! I've been painting a little (working on my Walking Dead project) but I've not had chance to game at all.Insane19 I have still had time to have a beer though for medicinal reasons.Zombie23
Oh and when I get some free time I go metal detecting with my older boy who's almost hit the big 4 years of age.

Happy times though. Good idea for a thread OD.
08-29-2014, 04:16 PM
I know what you did last summer!

....Well, come on. Somebody had to do it. LOL!