Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When does a replacement hero have a go?
01-05-2012, 03:07 PM
When does a replacement hero have a go?
I'm a bit confused about the timing of introducing a new hero. If the original hero is killed in the hero player's turn, does a new hero enter the game immediately and have a go?

If it is the zZP's turn, I guess the new hero is placed at the start of the Hero player turn and has a go as normal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: When does a replacement hero have a go?
Hi, when a Hero is killed and is replaced by a Replenish Hero.

The Replenish Hero is placed on the board immeditely after the Starting Hero dies. The same turn.

If it is during the Hero Turn. The Replinish Hero has their full turn.
If it is during the Zombie Turn, not much happens. Zombie can not attack the newly the placed Hero.

Just an FYI. Heroes may not attack newly placed Zombie Heroes. i read it somewhere, i did, i did :p

This avoids such situations like, a hero exerting themselves to death, becoming a zombie hero. Then allowing the other heroes to kill them in the same turn.

More FYI, if you discover a Newly Found Hero though Search Markers. That hero does not get Replenished.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
(01-05-2012 03:20 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, when a Hero is killed and is replaced by a Replenish Hero.

The Replenish Hero is placed on the board immeditely after the Starting Hero dies. The same turn.

If it is during the Hero Turn. The Replinish Hero has their full turn.
If it is during the Zombie Turn, not much happens. Zombie can not attack the newly the placed Hero.

Just an FYI. Heroes may not attack newly placed Zombie Heroes. i read it somewhere, i did, i did :p

This avoids such situations like, a hero exerting themselves to death, becoming a zombie hero. Then allowing the other heroes to kill them in the same turn.

More FYI, if you discover a Newly Found Hero though Search Markers. That hero does not get Replenished.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Especially the bit about not being attacked.
01-05-2012, 10:32 PM
to help clarify, the new hero is placed immediately and doesnt participate in the current phase according to flying frog wiki. this means that if it is a hero turn since each character has their own phases the new hero gets to move and act. On the zombie turn the hero would most likely be placed on the zombie fight phase and therefore skips that phase and doesnt have to fight any zombies that are there. in the rare event that the hero is killed on the zombie turn before the fight heroes phase then that hero would be free game to attack and possibly kill.

as far as zombie heroes go, I think they are only untouchable til the next zombie turn if you choose always zombie heroes and they would have been turned into a zombie hero anyways. that is from the survival of the fittest rulebook.
01-06-2012, 03:41 AM
from the SotF Rulebook:
"Always Zombie Heroes (2 dots)
While this rule is in effect, anytime a Hero is killed, they are automatically turned into a Zombie Hero. If the Hero would normally have been turned into a Zombie Hero anyway, the new Zombie Hero may not be Wounded or Killed in any way until the start of the next Zombie Turn."

Since Zombie Heroes can still occur in games where Always Zombie Heroes is NOT enabled, I take the above rules to mean that the new Zombie Heroes are fair game, regardless of whose turn, UNLESS it occurs during the black turns (turns 14+) OR is the last Hero for that player, since those are times that a Zombie Hero would occur when Always Zombie Heroes is not enabled.
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
(01-06-2012 03:41 AM)munkymuddface Wrote:  from the SotF Rulebook:
"Always Zombie Heroes (2 dots)
While this rule is in effect, anytime a Hero is killed, they are automatically turned into a Zombie Hero. If the Hero would normally have been turned into a Zombie Hero anyway, the new Zombie Hero may not be Wounded or Killed in any way until the start of the next Zombie Turn."

Since Zombie Heroes can still occur in games where Always Zombie Heroes is NOT enabled, I take the above rules to mean that the new Zombie Heroes are fair game, regardless of whose turn, UNLESS it occurs during the black turns (turns 14+) OR is the last Hero for that player, since those are times that a Zombie Hero would occur when Always Zombie Heroes is not enabled.

Hi, I took it as an update or ammendment rule for Zombie Heroes.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
So here's how we payed Hero Replenish in Escape In The Truck. We had one human being playing all four Heroes. Did we pay it right?

It's the Heroes Turn. The four original characters are out looking for petrol and keys, Sam is killed and replaced with Father Joseph who is placed in the truck. However the truck square also contains 3 zombies so he fights them but is himelf killed (after cancelling 2 Remains In Play cards).

FJ is then replaced with Kenny who is also placed in the truck and immediately takes his go. He fights the three zombies, killing one. Next to go is Billy (one of the original Heroes) who runs to the truck but is killed fighting the 2 zombies.

So Billy is replced with Mr Goddard who again is placed in the ruck and immedialtey has his go, killing the remaining zombies.

This meant that the Hero player was able to bring in 3 new Hero characters during the Hero Turn, and in effect have 7 Heroes.
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
yeah, I believe that is the right way to play it. It sucks that the heroes got to move and act with 7 people but it also means that you were only one kill away from winning the game. I suggest balancing heroes replenish with always zombie heroes which would have made 2 zombie heroes on that space. Did billy have the gasoline and the keys? did he pass them off? or did the zombies get their last tasty meal?
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
(01-23-2012 02:02 PM)cantujalone Wrote:  yeah, I believe that is the right way to play it. It sucks that the heroes got to move and act with 7 people but it also means that you were only one kill away from winning the game. I suggest balancing heroes replenish with always zombie heroes which would have made 2 zombie heroes on that space. Did billy have the gasoline and the keys? did he pass them off? or did the zombies get their last tasty meal?

Actually it was a very good game with Rachelle finding both the petrol and the keys thanks largely to her flashlight/torch. She returned to the truck but then had LNOE played on her and Kenny whilst she should have been filling the tank (so to speak!). Meanwhile Jade was kneeling behind a corner and keeping the zombies away from the truck with a hunting rifle, whilst Mr Godard just stood and watched.

So the game eventually ended with Rachelle and Kenny in the truck with the keys but we'll never know whether they tried to pick up Mr Goddard or Jade before escaping town...