Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to get started?
03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Where to get started?
YEAHHHH.... finally i ordered the expansion growing hunger. Played a lot of games with the basic game, and thought it was time to upgrade. And bought survival of the fittest because i couldn't resist. Probably leave that wrapped up for a while, to get acustomed with GH first.

Now my question to you is, which new scenario is the most fun with the GH expansion. Seen the "rescue at dawn" here at the forum, and i'm dying to try that one out. Also read a lot about stock up, but don't know if it comes with growing hunger.

So guys and girls, what do i have to play, use, etc. and what can i skip the first games i'm about to play?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
RE: Where to get started?
Simple. Play all of them, it does not really matter with wich one you start.
I find that the only "boring" scenario is "Die Zombies Die", all the rest are just fun.
The biggest thing GH adds is the DOT system, that is basicly it. For rules that is, other than that you get more stuff to play with.
Just take a look at the rules for that and then open up SOTF and check out the extra rules about that.
You'll find that you do not need to wait to open op SOTF because this expansion adds more "gameplay" rules like Sewers and Barricades.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi, any scenario with Horde. Once (Horde) you are use to 21 (Horde) zombies on the (Horde) board. Try All Hallow Eve II Much (Horde) much fun there. With 21 (Horde) Zombies, its like their (Horde) everywhere.

The dot system opens up a ton of ideas for custom scenarios.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Rescue at dawn is a very good scenario... with the survival of the fittest i think the best one is the Search for the truth...

Also try the Dead End Scenario in the download section... cool both looks easy try to get rid of the safe house deck...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
03-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Allready then, Will be opening both then EMP Watchmen02. I figured that much, that sotf had the most interesting new additions cardwise. I'm still very exited about the dot system. Hoping it will add more to the existing scenario's. Maybe i can finally win the we've got to go back scenario as the heroes now. Watchmen02 one of my favourites. Will be playing the ones you guys mentioned here.

And Pjon, i read somewhere sometime there is even a scenario with a SUPER horde? 28 in total? looks like fun, don't know which one it is do.
03-28-2012, 05:46 AM
(03-28-2012 05:17 AM)lwsaki Wrote:  Allready then, Will be opening both then EMP Watchmen02. I figured that much, that sotf had the most interesting new additions cardwise. I'm still very exited about the dot system. Hoping it will add more to the existing scenario's. Maybe i can finally win the we've got to go back scenario as the heroes now. Watchmen02 one of my favourites. Will be playing the ones you guys mentioned here.

And Pjon, i read somewhere sometime there is even a scenario with a SUPER horde? 28 in total? looks like fun, don't know which one it is do.

Hey lwsaki, I don't know if there are any official scenarios using 28 zombies but I wrote one called "Final Wave" that you can find in the LNOE Variants section and I used a 28-zombie "megahorde". My family has played it several times now and enjoyed it.

I just modified it slightly today - the first post in the thread has my latest updates.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
(03-28-2012 05:46 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 05:17 AM)lwsaki Wrote:  Allready then, Will be opening both then EMP Watchmen02. I figured that much, that sotf had the most interesting new additions cardwise. I'm still very exited about the dot system. Hoping it will add more to the existing scenario's. Maybe i can finally win the we've got to go back scenario as the heroes now. Watchmen02 one of my favourites. Will be playing the ones you guys mentioned here.

Hey lwsaki, I don't know if there are any official scenarios using 28 zombies but I wrote one called "Final Wave" that you can find in the LNOE Variants section and I used a 28-zombie "megahorde". My family has played it several times now and enjoyed it.

I just modified it slightly today - the first post in the thread has my latest updates.

yes. saw it just after posting. I'll probably give it a try next monday. I'll let you know if we played it and how we experienced it. Watchmen02 saw another one somewhere, it's an unofficial one, don't know if i allready saved it on my computer, or that i seen it on internet. or maybe i'm mistaking and yours is the only one. Also my new dice came in today, together with some models. Can't be happier. Now all i have to do is wait till my package arrives. *wiggles on couch like i drunk 28 cups of coffee*
03-28-2012, 01:47 PM
(03-28-2012 11:37 AM)lwsaki Wrote:  yes. saw it just after posting. I'll probably give it a try next monday. I'll let you know if we played it and how we experienced it. Watchmen02 saw another one somewhere, it's an unofficial one, don't know if i allready saved it on my computer, or that i seen it on internet. or maybe i'm mistaking and yours is the only one. Also my new dice came in today, together with some models. Can't be happier. Now all i have to do is wait till my package arrives. *wiggles on couch like i drunk 28 cups of coffee*

I've been thinking about getting some larger dice with rounded corners to use for the game. There are so many cool looking colors out there. What kind of dice did you get?

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
(03-28-2012 01:47 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  I've been thinking about getting some larger dice with rounded corners to use for the game. There are so many cool looking colors out there. What kind of dice did you get?

That is a good idea. My original boards look like the earth here in Flandres Fields during World War 1.
I too changed them to larger round edged dice.

I got mine here
http://www.thediceshoponline.com

I got these:
For the martians

For the Zombies

And some others wich I do not seem to find immediatly.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
(03-27-2012 03:41 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  with the survival of the fittest i think the best one is the Search for the truth...

This is hands down one of my favorite scenarios to run. I love the unfolding story aspect of it. Zombie17