Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to start LNOE...
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Where to start LNOE...
I would definitely have to agree with the others. Timber Peak is awesome (I don't own it yet, but have played it in my gaming group), but I would definitely personally recommend getting the original game first. I mean, if you are't as die hard a fan (and maybe aren't necessarily planning to get all the expansions), you could always go with just Timber Peak, but I'd honestly recommend the original game then anyway. More characters, more varied cards, etc.

Also, whereas I love the scenarios from Timber Peak, I think that for the most part, the scenarios from the original game are better and more fun. Granted, this is all a matter of opinion, but I am just telling you how I personally feel on the issue.

Sounds like you are interested in getting expansions, though. So, again, I would recommend you start with the original game. You can always eventually get Timber Peak as well down the road.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Great, now i really want to get this great game with Growin Hunger and Survival of the Fittest !!! Thank you for helping me with this dilemma :-)
Now another mission...Find it for the best price !!!
Is there any obvious shop to get it or should i just roll against my luck attribute to find a good price ?

Lorenzo
01-29-2013, 12:29 AM
(01-28-2013 11:31 PM)Lorenzo Wrote:  Great, now i really want to get this great game with Growin Hunger and Survival of the Fittest !!! Thank you for helping me with this dilemma :-)
Now another mission...Find it for the best price !!!
Is there any obvious shop to get it or should i just roll against my luck attribute to find a good price ?

Lorenzo

I'm from the UK and a couple of friends just bought it from Amazon. Maybe worth a look.Zombie17
01-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Amazon is always good for me that's where I got everything its normally 20% off atleast
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
(01-29-2013 01:08 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Amazon is always good for me that's where I got everything its normally 20% off atleast

Hi, i know amazon has good price, but i was thinking about usa webstore cos a friend of mine is coming at the end of march from.NY City....so i can probably order from here and ship the order to him.
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Hello, finally...i'm waiting for LNOE and every boxed expansions...but as i can't wait too much i decide to get A Touch of Evil too...:-)
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Cool! You'll have to let us know how you like them both when you finally get them. I actually still have not had a chance to play A Touch Of Evil. Still too obsessed with Last Night On Earth to bother trying any of the other games just yet. But, the friends who introduced me to LNOE also own A Touch Of Evil, so I am hoping to play with them at some point so I can get a chance to try it out.

Though, eventually, I want to own all of the Flying Frog games.
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Hi. Well i played or tried to play 2 solo game...and it's really not that easy. I like the theme, but it seems better to play it competitive. I love the fact that you can find yourself stuck somewhere without knowing what to do to be safe and to strike back. And i think that in competitive you should enjoy seeing the other player loosing is mind. The cards. Boards and minis are ffg inside so i let you guess what it means. I love the mechanics of the game too, and finally it's easy to play. The only worrying point is that often during game you doubt about the way to play a card until you know that words are really choosen and importants. And it can sometimes be difficult with andvanced coop rules too, but harder is better in solo or coop in my opinion. Also i wonder if even if all is in line with the theme you can find yourself wondering what to do as basically it's collecting investigation, upgrades and survive. It seems to lack of secondary objectives...competitive play add the fact that you also play to slow down the other player.
Btw can't wait to get my lnoe total pack, should arrive tomorrow or the day after.
02-05-2013, 04:24 PM
(02-05-2013 08:07 AM)Lorenzo Wrote:  Hi. Well i played or tried to play 2 solo game...and it's really not that easy. I like the theme, but it seems better to play it competitive. I love the fact that you can find yourself stuck somewhere without knowing what to do to be safe and to strike back. And i think that in competitive you should enjoy seeing the other player loosing is mind. The cards. Boards and minis are ffg inside so i let you guess what it means. I love the mechanics of the game too, and finally it's easy to play. The only worrying point is that often during game you doubt about the way to play a card until you know that words are really choosen and importants. And it can sometimes be difficult with andvanced coop rules too, but harder is better in solo or coop in my opinion. Also i wonder if even if all is in line with the theme you can find yourself wondering what to do as basically it's collecting investigation, upgrades and survive. It seems to lack of secondary objectives...competitive play add the fact that you also play to slow down the other player.
Btw can't wait to get my lnoe total pack, should arrive tomorrow or the day after.

You may still be unfamiliar with the rules enough to understand how to play both sides well competitively in a solo game. Either way to each his own.
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
(02-05-2013 04:24 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 08:07 AM)Lorenzo Wrote:  Hi. Well i played or tried to play 2 solo game...and it's really not that easy. I like the theme, but it seems better to play it competitive. I love the fact that you can find yourself stuck somewhere without knowing what to do to be safe and to strike back. And i think that in competitive you should enjoy seeing the other player loosing is mind. The cards. Boards and minis are ffg inside so i let you guess what it means. I love the mechanics of the game too, and finally it's easy to play. The only worrying point is that often during game you doubt about the way to play a card until you know that words are really choosen and importants. And it can sometimes be difficult with andvanced coop rules too, but harder is better in solo or coop in my opinion. Also i wonder if even if all is in line with the theme you can find yourself wondering what to do as basically it's collecting investigation, upgrades and survive. It seems to lack of secondary objectives...competitive play add the fact that you also play to slow down the other player.

You may still be unfamiliar with the rules enough to understand how to play both sides well competitively in a solo game. Either way to each his own.
Sorry i was talking of atoe :-)