Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Scenario??
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Which Scenario??
Just out of curiosity, which of the scenarios do you like the best, and why?

I've only just started playing them, but have to say I've been very impressed.

Here is my impressions:

DIE ZOMBIE DIE: Although it is billed as the basic game, it is still recommended (by Jason Hill himself) to be completely playable using the advanced cards. This is the one I've played by far the most of. It's straightforward and straight up fun. Some complain that the zombies could just try and stay hidden, thereby cheating the Heros of the win requisite. Go ahead and try. That is easier said than done....especially if the heros end up with a few ranged weapons.

Save the Townsfolk: I've only played this style of game a few times, but it was a blast. It really adds to the 'cinematic' quality of the game, with the 'townsfolk' filling out the bit roles.

A couple of great gaming moments from a recent game: I'd found two of the townsfolk, and had three of my heros in the hospital, frantically searching. The zombie player not only plays TAKEN OVER, but through an insane amount of luck gets the Hospital as the exact spot of the take over! Filled all the spaces of the Hospital (my heros were huddled together by the door) AND then played the card that locked the only door! (I somehow survived, but was wounded terribly!)

A bit later in the same game, I was running out of turns and had 3 of the required 4 townsfolks found. Was planning on searching the next round, as two of my heros were in buildings, relatively safe. The zombie draws the card that allows for a single Hero Deck Discard on every turn....the next card discarded was poor Farmer Sty!!! The zombies found him!! I never found that last townsfolk...zombies win (again...)

Escape in the Truck: I just love the idea of this scenario. Such a classic movie 'feel'. The desperate search for the items, then the frantic race to the truck. My luck has been terrible in this one, as a few times I found the items right away, but could never get to the truck because of the congregation of zombies there! It is still very tense fun.

Thats the only ones I've played. My favorite is most likely the Escape in the Truck...although they are all well done.

The thing I am impressed about the most is the balance of these games. They always seem to go right to the last few turns, with a single fight or a single card tipping the balance at the end. That is fantastic game design (IMHO).

Please add your own, and some gaming moments as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
RE: Which Scenario??
The ones I (we) played the most was also Escape In The Truck. When we play we don't choose wich scenario, we pick them randomly.
But Escape sure is a fun scenario. We always seem to end in the truck but never manage to kill all zombies before the sun goes down.
I figure you need to kill all the zombies who are on the same space as the truck. What's the point in driving out of a infested town with 3 of those Zed's in the back of your truck right? Zombie03

Save The Townsfolk is also one we played and due to stupid luck the heroes found the 4 townsfolk in no less then 5 turns. Seems like I shuffled the deck a little badly (or good in my case since I was playing with a hero this time)

I don't realy like Die Zombies Die because...well I don't know... it depends on who is playing. When you have and agressive zombieplayer and an equaly agressive heroplayer you get a great game. But when you have an "I want to win zombieplayer" then the game just sucks. The zombies just dig in and wait for the heroes to come.

I can't realy recall any other scenarios we played. God dammit ! We need to play soon !!!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
RE: Which Scenario??
Emp Wrote:The ones I (we) played the most was also Escape In The Truck. When we play we don't choose wich scenario, we pick them randomly.
But Escape sure is a fun scenario. We always seem to end in the truck but never manage to kill all zombies before the sun goes down.
I figure you need to kill all the zombies who are on the same space as the truck. What's the point in driving out of a infested town with 3 of those Zed's in the back of your truck right? Zombie03

Yep! Thats right. Getting to the truck is one thing...battling the zombies in that square before you can leave is damn hard! We randomly pick for the scenario as well...but so far just those three I mentioned!

Save The Townsfolk is also one we played and due to stupid luck the heroes found the 4 townsfolk in no less then 5 turns. Seems like I shuffled the deck a little badly (or good in my case since I was playing with a hero this time)

Remember, if you find them, you still have to have at least 2 heros to survive until sunrise! You may find them right away and try to hunker down, but the zombies will find you.[/color]

I don't realy like Die Zombies Die because...well I don't know... it depends on who is playing. When you have and agressive zombieplayer and an equaly agressive heroplayer you get a great game. But when you have an "I want to win zombieplayer" then the game just sucks. The zombies just dig in and wait for the heroes to come.

I can't realy recall any other scenarios we played. God dammit ! We need to play soon !!!