Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Which Web Exclusive Scenario should I get?
Zombie Pillage
Stock Up!
Revenge of the Dead
Advanced Abilities
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Web Supplement Scenario is Best?
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Which Web Supplement Scenario is Best?
Ok so I have finally decided to invest in some of the web exclusives on flyingfrog. I want to get a scenario since having Timber Peak I dont see much of a use for the Advanced abilities anymore with the experience system. Which should I get first and reasoning why you think that one is the most fun! I have all the current sets so I am leaning away from Zombie Pillage since my deck is so large now that I never run out of cards. Please atleast vote in the poll.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Which Web Supplement Scenario is Best?
Revenge of the Dead is my favorite web exclusive as it puts the zeds on the offence. But it's a tough nut for the heroes. 

I don't own neither Advanced Abilities or the Radioactive Grave Dead.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I voted for Revenge of the Dead. It is brutal on heroes, but it is still a lot of fun for both sides. I LOVE that scenario.

Stock-Up is also a ton of fun, but of the two, I think Revenge of the Dead is my favorite.

I don't yet have Zombie Pillage. I will definitely get it at some point, but I didn't find it as interesting.

I have the Radioactive Grave Dead and the scenario that came with that, but have not yet had a chance to play. It sounds like a lot of fun, though, and it comes with the crystal green zombie miniatures. So, that is really cool.

Anyway, long story short (too late), if you were looking for a recommendation on the first one to get, I would personally say Revenge of the Dead. ;-)
01-25-2013, 03:15 AM
I like pillage best -- it's an alternate mode of play for the ZP.
01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
(01-25-2013 03:15 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I like pillage best -- it's an alternate mode of play for the ZP.

Even with the large decks is it possible to have the zombies exhaust the heroes deck?
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 06:01 PM by samuraitrev.)
I voted Stock Up!. As a scenario it really works for me. The Heroes have barricaded themselves in a lagre building and the food, water, medical supplies and ammo has ran out. It's crunch time! The heroes have to go on daring raids to where supplies might be in the town (think Glenn from Walking Dead) and bring it back to protect the others. Who's to say for example there isn't children and the elderly survivors in the basement or attic.

From a gaming point of view you have to have a combination of attack and defence. Very tense and atmospheric. Try itWatchmen02
01-25-2013, 06:59 PM
(01-25-2013 06:00 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I voted Stock Up!. As a scenario it really works for me. The Heroes have barricaded themselves in a lagre building and the food, water, medical supplies and ammo has ran out. It's crunch time! The heroes have to go on daring raids to where supplies might be in the town (think Glenn from Walking Dead) and bring it back to protect the others. Who's to say for example there isn't children and the elderly survivors in the basement or attic.

From a gaming point of view you have to have a combination of attack and defence. Very tense and atmospheric. Try itWatchmen02

Does the included cards in one set vs another enhance the game more than others? For instance the 10 cards in stock up give more variety game play than the 10 included in revenge of the dead?
01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
(01-25-2013 06:59 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 06:00 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I voted Stock Up!. As a scenario it really works for me. The Heroes have barricaded themselves in a lagre building and the food, water, medical supplies and ammo has ran out. It's crunch time! The heroes have to go on daring raids to where supplies might be in the town (think Glenn from Walking Dead) and bring it back to protect the others. Who's to say for example there isn't children and the elderly survivors in the basement or attic.

Does the included cards in one set vs another enhance the game more than others? For instance the 10 cards in stock up give more variety game play than the 10 included in revenge of the dead?

I would say any set you buy will add variety to your games. My favorite card set is Revenge, because the Hedge Trimmers are a pretty badass weapon. Let us know what set you go for!
01-25-2013, 07:19 PM
I like Stocked Up, but I don't rank it very highly because I consider it "yet another scenario search item scenario"... Though the items are those that heroes are constantly tempted to use up in the quest for more.
01-25-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 07:42 PM by alderdust.)
I think I have narrowed it down between Stocked Up and Revenge of the Dead. I like the stocked up scenario better I think so that is probably what I am going to go with since the cards would be only 5 in about 300 they wont have much impact on the game and most probably will rarely be seen.