Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who doesnt love zombies?
02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Who doesnt love zombies?
I know I cant get enough of them.

Im also a board game fanatic, so it was only a matter of time before I started searching for a zombie-based board game. Reviews all said LNOE was the best, so I amazon'd a copy and gave it a shot. Pretty awesome! I love the adaptability of it.

Frankly though, Im just waiting for the real zombie apocalypse to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 01:18 AM
RE: Who doesnt love zombies?
I took a gamble as well. Hell the only other game I had was Carcasonne which I recently got into last year.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-06-2011, 01:56 AM
(02-06-2011 01:05 AM)Scavenous Wrote:  Frankly though, Im just waiting for the real zombie apocalypse to start.

The rumour is that's gonna start somewhere around 5/21/2011 according to some (take it with a container ship of salt) internet sources. It's a Saturday anyway, so good day/night for it.

Zombie11
02-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Bring it onInsane16 (stands waiting in the moonlight with my two Japanese katana)
02-06-2011, 08:36 AM
(02-06-2011 02:44 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Bring it onInsane16 (stands waiting in the moonlight with my two Japanese katana)

I have a katana waiting for Z-day too! Never runs out of ammo...
02-06-2011, 05:43 PM
(02-06-2011 08:36 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(02-06-2011 02:44 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Bring it onInsane16 (stands waiting in the moonlight with my two Japanese katana)

I have a katana waiting for Z-day too! Never runs out of ammo...

I prefer my cutlasses. Full cup hand guards are nice for face smashing, but you have to be a little more willing/able to get messy then you would with katana or naginata.
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
(02-06-2011 05:43 PM)365ZED Wrote:  I prefer my cutlasses. Full cup hand guards are nice for face smashing, but you have to be a little more willing/able to get messy then you would with katana or naginata.

I'm a Cutlass guy myself. Only have one at the moment, but it has a full solid steel basket. But I do have to say that the larger swords are also a passion of mine... Claymore, No-Dachi, hand-and-a-half Bastard Sword, etc... Wider swing, heavier blade, more kills per swing. Zombie03
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I feel like the katana is a must. Excelent for slashing and beheading, but small enough for indoor use. While the larger hand-to-hand are excellent for range, I feel like they hinder your ability to fight in, say, a hallway or tight space.

Carcassone is awesome. Agricola is also a must if you like complex board games. Ive got Pandemic also, but that game is so hard Im convinced that Im not playing it right.
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
(02-07-2011 11:03 PM)Scavenous Wrote:  Carcassone is awesome. Agricola is also a must if you like complex board games. Ive got Pandemic also, but that game is so hard Im convinced that Im not playing it right.

I hate Pandemic for just that reason. You are NOT playing it wrong. It is just that hard to win.